DannyZ
Gentoo Fanboy
Premium Member
join:2003-01-29
united state

DannyZ

Premium Member

[Rant] Starbucks discontinuing their (product)RED whole bean

the other day I was getting an iced coffee when I noticed the Starbucks I was in didn't have the From Africa, To Africa whole bean coffee. Since this has been my morning coffee for the last year and a half, I asked the barrista if they stopped carrying it. He informed me that it had been discontinued completely! I scrambled and searched the other Starbucks in the area and managed to find two remaining bags.

This became a favorite roast for me for my mornings because it is a very rich flavored coffee without being bold, just the perfect brew to wake you up gently, but firmly. Now I have no idea what roast to replace it with. I better figure it out soon because two pounds will not last very long.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

Re: [Rant] Starbucks discontinuing their (product)RED whole bea

said by DannyZ:

the other day I was getting an iced coffee when I noticed the Starbucks I was in didn't have the From Africa, To Africa whole bean coffee. Since this has been my morning coffee for the last year and a half, I asked the barrista if they stopped carrying it. He informed me that it had been discontinued completely! I scrambled and searched the other Starbucks in the area and managed to find two remaining bags.

This became a favorite roast for me for my mornings because it is a very rich flavored coffee without being bold, just the perfect brew to wake you up gently, but firmly. Now I have no idea what roast to replace it with. I better figure it out soon because two pounds will not last very long.

»www.amazon.com/gp/offer- ··· tion=new

amazon has 5 bags here.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Buy 'em quick and resell much higher!
Expand your moderator at work

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to DannyZ

Premium Member

to DannyZ

Re: [Rant] Starbucks discontinuing their (product)RED whole bea

I feel the same way about the Three Region blend. My favorite.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to DannyZ

Premium Member

to DannyZ
My favorite coffee was some stuff from El Salvadore. The ex is from there. It was freaking good, would get it those times before coffee became hip.

Danny, you call it a "roast" but isn't where the bean is from just as important as the particular roast?

Tenar
join:2008-01-02
Midland, ON

Tenar to DannyZ

to DannyZ
»www.coffeeam.com/

I love trying different kinds.

DannyZ
Gentoo Fanboy
Premium Member
join:2003-01-29
united state

DannyZ to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
said by signmeuptoo94:

Danny, you call it a "roast" but isn't where the bean is from just as important as the particular roast?

absolutely. these beans are from east Africa. this was one of the things that turned me on to this bean: I always liked the idea of (product)RED but since the beans come from Africa as well, it helps the people from that continent twice.
McGreggor
join:2003-05-25
Saluda, NC

McGreggor to DannyZ

to DannyZ
While I do enjoy Starbucks coffee, Jacobs Kronung Ground German Coffee (»www.enjoybettercoffee.co ··· od5ngY6g ) is leagues better IMO. OP, this might be to your liking. Worth a shot eh?