Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

SandShark
Long may you run
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Cho Baka

Re: Removing Mini-split A/C-Heatpump systems

said by Cho Baka:

I am moving and I need to remove two mini-split A/C systems that also have a heat pump function.

My understanding is that I can shut the valve on the high side where the line comes out of the outside unit, operate it in A/C mode, and then close the low side valve.

My understanding is that this will put all the refrigerant in the outside unit. These units are shipped precharged and are normally installed by purging the air from the lines using the pressure from the refrigerant.

Are there any pitfalls to doing this?

After I close the high side valve, how do I know when to shut the low side valve?

I assume that there is a valve under the cap indicated by A.
I also assume that B is the service port.

Finally, I'll also assume that the small pipe is the high-side pipe. (as it would be on a car).

My understanding is that I can shut the valve on the high side where the line comes out of the outside unit, operate it in A/C mode, and then close the low side valve. Possibly.

My understanding is that this will put all the refrigerant in the outside unit. Possibly.

These units are shipped precharged and are normally installed by purging the air from the lines using the pressure from the refrigerant. Not true.

Are there any pitfalls to doing this? Yes and no.

After I close the high side valve, how do I now when to shut the low side valve? You won't, unless you use a set of manifold gauges.

I assume that there is a valve under the cap indicated by A. I also assume that B is the service port. You assume correctly.