uniqs
negativeduck
Premium Member
join:2002-02-14
Centreville, VA

negativeduck

Premium Member

Re: [Connectivity] [Chicago] Intermittent Disconnects

Sorry small correction I was replying to Rob but didn't realize he was a different than squ when the thread started. blah blah blah I looked at the wrong port.

Rob, your issue may be entirely un-related. Yesterday morning there was maintenance in your hub. A part of our ongoing network upgrades in chicago. Your whole area was just split off and added to new infrastructure so it's possible your problem was tied to that.

Additionally we've been seeing customers with MOTO SB6121 modems (docsis 3.0) which we were not setup to work with entirely. That change just went out this morning (5 minutes ago when I realized I couldn't talk to your modem). So now among other things your modem is also bonding as a docsis 3.0 unit.

Likewise since your on all new hardware I don't have any history on it yet and would require a bit of time to see what's going on. Don't let me forget about you though..

robgraves
join:2010-07-23
Chicago, IL

robgraves

said by negativeduck:

Sorry small correction I was replying to Rob but didn't realize he was a different than squ when the thread started. blah blah blah I looked at the wrong port.

Rob, your issue may be entirely un-related. Yesterday morning there was maintenance in your hub. A part of our ongoing network upgrades in chicago. Your whole area was just split off and added to new infrastructure so it's possible your problem was tied to that.

Additionally we've been seeing customers with MOTO SB6121 modems (docsis 3.0) which we were not setup to work with entirely. That change just went out this morning (5 minutes ago when I realized I couldn't talk to your modem). So now among other things your modem is also bonding as a docsis 3.0 unit.

Likewise since your on all new hardware I don't have any history on it yet and would require a bit of time to see what's going on. Don't let me forget about you though..

Thanks, I have a truck-roll this afternoon to make sure everything on my end is correct.

So are you saying now that SB6121 modems should be working correctly now that you have rolled out some new software? If not, I will have him switch me out to another modem while he is here today.

Thanks,
Rob

bmb
@rcn.com

bmb to negativeduck

Anon

to negativeduck
I lost service yesterday morning (Broadway & Buckingham), tech came here today, could only get my MACbook to work while directly connected to the modem. My PC does not work when connected, and my router won't transmit an internet signal. I have a Cisco 2100 modem. Do I need a new modem? Please help! I have so much work to do, I don't have time to spend hours trying to fix it.
bmb

bmb

Anon

Just got everything to come back up, had to do a winsock fix on my PC. Think that may have been blocking the router connection.

robgraves
Chicago, IL

robgraves

my tech removed the moto 6121 and put in a cisco 2100, he said that this should work better. hopefully it stops the constant disconnects. my line noise is much better.

i still am not getting the speeds i used to on my 20mb plan, but i assume i never will? today i have been averaging 8mbs, but my ping rates are up.

hopefully you can tweak the new hardware on your end a smidge.
negativeduck
Premium Member
Centreville, VA

negativeduck

Premium Member

Hey rob, your connection looked alot better over the weekend but I'm still not happy with it. Seemed to bounce in a few times while you may not have gone "offline" you kinda were borderline a couple of times. Made a slight change this morning to see if that helps and helps more.

robgraves
Chicago, IL

robgraves

said by negativeduck:

Hey rob, your connection looked alot better over the weekend but I'm still not happy with it. Seemed to bounce in a few times while you may not have gone "offline" you kinda were borderline a couple of times. Made a slight change this morning to see if that helps and helps more.

Yeah - I saw it bounce a couple of times but it connected fairly fast, but I did notice. Was hoping you were still doing some tweaking with the new equipment.

By the way, my new encoded mac is

7c1353bbac4d3a8ee1a4a12181d9fda6fa87c23b
negativeduck
Premium Member
Centreville, VA

negativeduck

Premium Member

Yea I'm working yours and BMR's at the same time. You guys have similar but different problems. Your connection has been much more stable but certainly not as stable as it should be. Yea I got your new mac already (I dug it up).

I know you swapped your modem but question.. do you have a cable jack at your location that's not in use. That you could stick that modem on. My thought is you would give me a good reference point that I can poll without risking bothering your service.

robgraves
Chicago, IL

robgraves

said by negativeduck:

Yea I'm working yours and BMR's at the same time. You guys have similar but different problems. Your connection has been much more stable but certainly not as stable as it should be. Yea I got your new mac already (I dug it up).

I know you swapped your modem but question.. do you have a cable jack at your location that's not in use. That you could stick that modem on. My thought is you would give me a good reference point that I can poll without risking bothering your service.

I do have a cable jack that is not in use. I will see if I can get it moved tonight, just have to dig up a longer Ethernet cable.
negativeduck
Premium Member
Centreville, VA

negativeduck

Premium Member

no need for a computer attached...

Since it's not provisioned presently it won't work. I may not have been clear, I meant that that motorola modem you had to start with. Keeping your existing modem where it was.

robgraves
Chicago, IL

robgraves

said by negativeduck:

no need for a computer attached...

Since it's not provisioned presently it won't work. I may not have been clear, I meant that that motorola modem you had to start with. Keeping your existing modem where it was.

Sorry Bryan, actually the SB6121 has been returned to Best Buy already...
negativeduck
Premium Member
Centreville, VA

negativeduck

Premium Member

That's cool, I wasn't sure.. your connection looks like it has been fairly stable. I think the Local guys were out in the area but I'm not 100% sure. Are things looking better from your side?