KPaul

Re: [Cable] London slowdowns?

Seriously TSI? Not one damn reply?
tommyv2
join:2007-06-03
London, ON

tommyv2 to KPaul

to KPaul
At night, I get exactly 450 KB/s downloads (from Microsoft or AMD, for example - usually good sources). It's horrible (for cable!), and definitely disappointing.

As soon as morning hits, BOOM! 3 MB/s consistently. Hope someone fixes this soon, prime time is painful now...

Nan
@teksavvy.com

Nan to KPaul

Anon

to KPaul
We've been seeing the same issues here. We live in Whiteoaks and are on the 15/1 profile. Will have to run the tests during the slowdowns in the evenings. Last night was terrible....we were streaming a show that was coming down at 70 kbps or less. During the day we normally see speeds of 900-1200 =( It was a constant dance of pause and buffer...very annoying.
justsomeguy8
join:2007-10-08
N5M3Z3

justsomeguy8 to KPaul

to KPaul
make sure you all open tickets in direct forum & call if possible!

squeaky wheel gets the grease!
quentin0
join:2009-06-30
London, ON

quentin0 to KPaul

to KPaul
i had the same thing last night......

also, my upload had dropped to .5Mb instead of 1Mb.....but that is a different issue that has been happening on and off since i got Tek cable in March

Nan
@teksavvy.com

Nan to justsomeguy8

Anon

to justsomeguy8
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 6146.png Whiteoaks in London 7 p.m. =(

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus to KPaul

to KPaul
PM'ed Marc about this, this is getting ridiculous. The direct forum has been worthless, I don't think they have given a straight answer to anyone so far. At least say there is an issue.
boleyn
join:2010-05-28

boleyn to justsomeguy8

to justsomeguy8
7 p.m. White Oaks
redgrandam
join:2010-08-10
London, ON

redgrandam to KPaul

to KPaul
You guys might as well come down to an 'express' package with me.. lol.. you aren't getting any faster speeds, and I'm paying less :P

Any acknowledgement would be wonderful here. I don't mind waiting for a fix, but I would really like to know if a fix is coming! This is why I switched to TSI, sadly I feel like we are being ignored.

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus

said by redgrandam:

You guys might as well come down to an 'express' package with me.. lol.. you aren't getting any faster speeds, and I'm paying less :P

Any acknowledgement would be wonderful here. I don't mind waiting for a fix, but I would really like to know if a fix is coming! This is why I switched to TSI, sadly I feel like we are being ignored.

That's what I pm'ed Marc about. Not one person from TSI has said anything and they literally take a day to get back to you in the direct forum and even then, it doesn't solve the problem. I'd like to at least hear there is a problem.
redgrandam
join:2010-08-10
London, ON

redgrandam

said by evil_gusgus:

said by redgrandam:

That's what I pm'ed Marc about. Not one person from TSI has said anything and they literally take a day to get back to you in the direct forum and even then, it doesn't solve the problem. I'd like to at least hear there is a problem.

I'm actually surprised they replied in direct forum as quick as they did, at least initially. But after I posted all my info, nothing to even indicated they read it, let alone did anything with the info. I don't have an issue with them taking a day or two, when they are swamped (as the general update indicates), but they also can't just leave us hanging.

I know when I was with Bell before, if my service was sub par (which was about 75% of the time it seemed lol) I would get credits back for the time it wasn't functioning right. Anyone know if TSI does that for people in trouble areas?

Not that it needs to be said, but I'm getting a whopping 543 KB/S max right now..
gscott521
join:2011-09-04
London, ON

gscott521 to KPaul

to KPaul

Tonight in Westmount area.

I just got TekSavvy 1 hour ago, too
aumkarpraja
join:2011-06-24

aumkarpraja to KPaul

to KPaul
In the Brampton area. I'm getting 100kb/s or less downloading a copy of Ubuntu which usually gets 1.2mb/s solid.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to KPaul

Premium Member

to KPaul
It takes days even weeks to get a response from rogers IF you even get one.They dont have a wholesale portal or repair system.

As for the slowdown it isnt tek.Rogers customers have it too.Its in their forum
quentin0
London, ON

quentin0 to KPaul

to KPaul
tonight im having trouble streaming an SD show on netflix.....this is not good!!!
briggs12
join:2009-02-17
London, ON

1 edit

briggs12 to KPaul

to KPaul

Did a speed test with primus canada speed test, 8mb down. speed test with »www.bandwidthplace.com/ and i get 1.8mb down. funny.

Frowben
join:2011-07-24
London, ON

Frowben to quentin0

to quentin0
Yeah, that's one of my primary uses for internet, as we don't subscribe to cable or sat., we use netflix and hulu, but I can't even watch anything. I'll give this 2-3 weeks, but if it's not fixed by then I'll have to jump ship.
Frowben

2 edits

Frowben

Slower than Bell's essential plus DSL package 0.0

briggs12
London, ON

briggs12 to KPaul

to KPaul
Cookie cutter response from direct forum.. answering questions and doing tests. Don't think I'll bother with that.

I went about 1 year with Teksavvy DSL with constant disconnects in games and terrible speeds. Before that it was just fine. Could never get an answer, never could get it fixed. I finally decided after 4-5 years it was enough. I was about to sign up for Rogers cable internet and then my friend said Teksavvy finally brought their cable service to London. Super stoaked. It was amazing, until 3 days ago.

now I have to debate what to do, seems like London ISP's are just complete garbage.
londoner1
join:2007-04-26
London, ON

londoner1 to KPaul

to KPaul
JMCD23
join:2010-12-06
London, ON

JMCD23 to andyb

to andyb
Link? Maybe there's a few people with node congestion but I and anyone I've asked have yet to see issues.

briggs12
London, ON

briggs12

I went about 1 year hearing that "node congestion" garbage with teksavvy dsl, out of the blue it started happening. Lucky me to have it start happening with cable too, out of the blue?

I bet there are not enough of us for them to give a crap.

Im at 11mb when connecting to oakville for a speed test. my friend with the same profile in east london is at 2. haha. I'm in Westmount.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to briggs12

Premium Member

to briggs12
said by briggs12:

Cookie cutter response from direct forum.. answering questions and doing tests. Don't think I'll bother with that.

I went about 1 year with Teksavvy DSL with constant disconnects in games and terrible speeds. Before that it was just fine. Could never get an answer, never could get it fixed. I finally decided after 4-5 years it was enough. I was about to sign up for Rogers cable internet and then my friend said Teksavvy finally brought their cable service to London. Super stoaked. It was amazing, until 3 days ago.

now I have to debate what to do, seems like London ISP's are just complete garbage.

So go to Rogers.Rogers customers have the same problem.It aint teksavvy this time
briggs12
London, ON

briggs12

lol, not debating switching. You switch, you get shafted no matter what. just debating if I should lower my plan or not if this ends up being a repeat of my dsl experience.
quentin0
London, ON

quentin0 to KPaul

to KPaul
i was fine until a couple of nights ago and now its almost unusable for anything other than light web browsing......

ive signed several people up for teksavvy telling them how stable it was.....and now am feeling a little silly as they have been complaining to me about how slow it has become in the evenings

TalesavoLond
@teksavvy.com

TalesavoLond

Anon

Old South here, still ridiculously slow at night and fine in the morning.
londoner1
London, ON

londoner1 to JMCD23

to JMCD23
JMCD23 But it looks like you are on a Rogers connection? This is a TekSavvy post

ajhaji
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Etobicoke, ON

ajhaji

Premium Member

said by londoner1:

JMCD23 But it looks like you are on a Rogers connection? This is a TekSavvy post

His post was intended to refute the claim that Rogers customers are also experiencing issues. It appears this may be a TekSavvy-only issue...
londoner1
London, ON

londoner1 to KPaul

to KPaul
So i just spent 45mins on hold to Teksavvy to finally reach a tech support agent. Oddly I had time to look at at the About section of the website and had be LOL over this gem;

"TekSavvy's roots are and will always remain 100% Canadian with our customers as the priority! As such, we will take all measures needed to provide the best customer experience possible."

45mins to reach someone sure doesn't live up to that gem!

SO get the Agent on the phone ask about the status of the ticket that I opened Sept 11 about 11pm RE: Slow Speeds. Tech informs me that 'it's been escalated' and I'm informed that they (TS) have to wait for Rogers to respond.

I informed him that my slowdown wasn't an isolated case that - here - there are pages on complaints from London, and other areas. He tells me that even though I had to wait 45 mins he hadn't a single call this evening regarding slow speeds. WOW is all i can think

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul

Hate to say it... but the lack of chat from ANY TSI people is going to make me revamp my rating on the site... This is going from confused, to frustrating.