Search similar:

uniqs

jfilip
join:2011-10-20
Kitchener, ON

jfilip to a_large_rock

to a_large_rock

Re: [Extreme] Rogers Extreme (10Mbps) has been VERY slow the las

Is this what I switched to Extreme Plus for?

resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

I've heard from someone from Rogers...

If you're already dealing with Diane, stick with her.

If you haven't already started a complaint with the CAT dept yet, please don't specifically ask for her - ask to speak to anyone in the CAT dept. Apparently everyone in the CAT dept knows about these problems and can assist you with these problems and can escalate for you. Diane is being inundated with calls on this issue and can't manage all of you due to her normal workload + all of you guys.

Theres less chance of your complaint being accidentally misplaced if these complaints are evenly distributed throughout the CAT dept, instead of just being piled on 1 poor person.

jfilip
Kitchener, ON

jfilip

I called again last night and, after being bumped around a few tiers, a case was created for me and escalated to the "engineering team". I was told that I would receive an automated call back within 24-48 hours with information about whether the problem has been resolved or not.

They aren't going to send out another tech to my house. At least not right now.
mywax
join:2011-07-23

mywax to resa1983

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

If you haven't already started a complaint with the CAT dept yet, please don't specifically ask for her - ask to speak to anyone in the CAT dept. Apparently everyone in the CAT dept knows about these problems and can assist you with these problems and can escalate for you. Diane is being inundated with calls on this issue and can't manage all of you due to her normal workload + all of you guys.

Theres less chance of your complaint being accidentally misplaced if these complaints are evenly distributed throughout the CAT dept, instead of just being piled on 1 poor person.

The way I see it that's their problem. This issue is affecting a large number of customers and they should be doing more to acknowledge the problem and inform those affected (especially when they call in for support).

I'm not concerned about inundating someone with calls if that's what it takes to raise attention and escalate the issue in hopes of receiving a prompt resolution.
resa1983
Premium Member
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by mywax:

said by resa1983:

The way I see it that's their problem. This issue is affecting a large number of customers and they should be doing more to acknowledge the problem and inform those affected (especially when they call in for support).

I'm not concerned about inundating someone with calls if that's what it takes to raise attention and escalate the issue in hopes of receiving a prompt resolution.

Its not that one person's problem alone. Everyone in that department is supposed to be dealing with these calls, not just 1 person. Directing all users to just 1 person means the one person gets overwhelmed, and then nothing gets fixed. Just ask for the CAT department instead of a single person. Its not that difficult.

Rogers has never been good at disseminating information to their Technical support ranks - which is something I brought up with the Rogers rep I spoke to. Hopefully something will be done on that.
mywax
join:2011-07-23

mywax

said by resa1983:

said by mywax:

said by resa1983:

Its not that one person's problem alone. Everyone in that department is supposed to be dealing with these calls, not just 1 person. Directing all users to just 1 person means the one person gets overwhelmed, and then nothing gets fixed. Just ask for the CAT department instead of a single person. Its not that difficult.

Rogers has never been good at disseminating information to their Technical support ranks - which is something I brought up with the Rogers rep I spoke to. Hopefully something will be done on that.

Actually in my experience it's been impossible to get through to the CAT (and yes I've been asking politely). The supervisor I spoke to said there was no one else I could speak to to get more information on the problem.

MikeMaster
@rogers.com

MikeMaster to resa1983

Anon

to resa1983
Didn't anyone read my original post where I quote the IMT number and the Toronto-region specific case number for these network slowdowns? Of course it's a huge issue -- it's Ontario-wide. This thread has people from Waterloo, Kitchener, Toronto, Ottawa, Mississauga... it's horrible!

I seem to be getting decent speed now, but I'm hesitant to say it's at all resolved. Time to call and get the status of those tickets!

Best of luck to all.

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY to mywax

Anon

to mywax
Referencing a specific person is only to aid in getting through to anyone that knows about the issue, lent it some credibility. Obviously they are not going to hand all those calls to one person. I only say that because the first people you speak with will often be very dismissive and treat you like you have no idea what you're talking about.

They track congestion by the service tickets over time in a given area, simple as that. You dont have an accurate and open ticket on the issue, it will take longer for Rogers identify the problem, then line up the node upgrade.

Bickering with each other over technicalities wont help anything.
resa1983
Premium Member
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

Seems Roseman did a story on your problems guys:
»www.moneyville.ca/articl ··· t-issues

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY

Anon

Rogers Network issue 1 MBPS or Less every night 4 weeks plus!

Click for full size
Well unless they were planing on doing the upgrade to my node this evening (Sunday), it looks like my 1 week ETA for north Waterloo is just more Rogers BS run around. Thanks Rogers.

Can't even break 3 at 4 pm on Sunday afternoon. One month is too long. Rogers don't sell bandwidth until you have it available to sell!

Glad to see Elen Roseman did a small article on this. If this problem is more wide spread than Rogers admits, perhaps that can be turned into a major article. Customers hate getting ripped off.
Stvndsl
join:2011-09-20
Richards Landing, ON

Stvndsl to ROGERMONOPLY

to ROGERMONOPLY

Re: Rogers Extreme + Waterloo 4 weeks of 1 mbps or less every ni

At least you guys can switch... The fastest Bell available in my area is 2mb download with 2GB of monthly usage, for $41 a month + install fee.

Seriously? I'm in the middle of Waterloo.

7 weeks now since I first called Rogers about my speed issue, 7 weeks of constant 1mb download from 3pm-3am. 4 Technician visits, all of them tested the problem on their own equipment and verified it as a congestion issue.

CAT has stopped calling me, not sure why, they were supposed to call a couple days after the last technician visit... I'm so disheartened Can't use my internet for anything, gaming is basically impossible.

I don't even torrent, bah.
ChuckTSI
join:2011-08-28
Nepean, ON

ChuckTSI

I was going to recommend BBB. But after reading their site, seems they are even more useless than CRTC.

So much for the little people :P

What can stop rogers from overselling nodes?
People stuck in 1 year contracts with rogers.. I feel sorry for you

I'm with Teksavvy (25/1) in Ottawa. We had some real slow nights.. so I built a tool to measure speeds over time. (of course.. my first day recording.. speeds were ok).

You can see the 4-11 times and weekend drop the speeds.
Grey is below my initial 15Mb setup. Green is 15Mb to 30Mb.

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY to Stvndsl

Anon

to Stvndsl
Ask Elen Roseman of the Toronto star, to get Rogers Office of the President to call you. eroseman@thestar. It's worth a shot. Worked for me. However they just call, say no ETA, then disagree with you, or argue as to if it's even a big problem.

12 hours left for my "1 week ETA for solution" per Rogers own Elizabeth Alavarado. Getting about 3 - 4 mbps today, 1 mbps Saturday night.

dangerfrost
@rogers.com

dangerfrost

Anon

Hey i just wanna say i have been having this same problem as you guys i live in kitchener but all day today i have been exceeding my top speed.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24

damir52

Premium Member

Where in Kitchener?

dangerfrost
@rogers.com

dangerfrost

Anon

In the stanley park area. Here is a new run of speedtest as of 2pm

Everyday the best i have been getting has been around 7 -15 meg in the day (im on ultimate) and at night barely 1 meg sometimes 2 if im lucky. today is very good. This is the speed i used to get.

jfilip
Kitchener, ON

jfilip

Yeah, I was seeing the same thing but it's dropped off pretty significantly as of right now just north of Kitchener downtown:

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY

Anon

Click for full size
I get great speeds in the day occasionally, but so goes with a congestion issue. Still getting pathetic 2 MBPS down all day. There's just too many high rise apartments filled with bandwidth hungry students in my area. That damn student unlimited plan, Rogers what were you thinking?!?!?!?!

Perhaps we should all pick a day and time as many of us as possible can meet down at the Rogers offices in Kitchener. Tell them face to face we are tired of this run around.

I think they'll have a harder time BS'ing a group of customers that have put up with this nonsense for several weeks now. It's a little harder to lie through your teeth face to face.

We've run out of options.

JoeDirt
@rogers.com

JoeDirt

Anon

Click for full size
This is crazy, I was trying to watch a video and as it kept stopping and lagging and was choppy I was reminded of the several commercials where Rogers touts is high speed and compares how much better it is than the laggy videos of competitors playing in the commercial.
I think those videos are actually from Rogers.

I too like so many others it seems was searching for answers and have also had a technician come to my home only to tell me that my lines are fine, no noise. Changed the modem as a precaution. 20 to 30 megs while he was here and it was down to 2 megs shortly after he left.
He also said as far as he's concerned it IS a network issue.
Something needs to be done!
At least I can share my issues with others on here

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY

Anon

Click for full size
This is absurd. I haven't even attempted to watch a youtube video after 5 pm in a month. It's just too frustrating to see your bloated Rogers bill, with it's ultra low usage caps, and horrible service, and on top of that cant even get thru a minute video at lowest resolution.

Rogers hi speed is blazing fast, the trick is, you have to pretend it's 1999, and your in rural Alaska, with that frame of reference, it seems some what fast.

dangerfrost
@rogers.com

dangerfrost

Anon

Nearly 9pm still working fairly well for me, this is the fastest i have had at this time in months. maybe they worked on my area today and moving through the week?

QL0G1C
join:2007-02-20
King City

QL0G1C

Richmond Hill, Extreme Plus. Slow again

jfilip
Kitchener, ON

jfilip

It seems to be behaving normally still here in Kitchener.

The worst part about this is that I was completely fine with my old DOCSIS2 modem and the Extreme service before I upgraded to Extreme Plus and was forced to get a new modem with WiFi and router capabilities that I don't need and have disabled.

So, how's the TekSavvy DSL? =) That 25/7 package looks very tempting right about now.

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY to dangerfrost

Anon

to dangerfrost
Click for full size
North Waterloo here, where are you dangerfrost? My speeds have been 1 - 2 past few nights, back to almost unusable for anything. 1 or less now. I finally got an ETA of "this week" last Sunday, hasn't improved yet.

dangerfrost
@rogers.com

dangerfrost

Anon

I am in the stanley park area in kitchener. Every day i have been having the same issue has you guys but it would seem as of today the issue tho still present is not as bad.

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY

Anon

Perhaps that ETA of within the week Elizabeth Alvarado, Rogers Office of the President, gave me last Sunday was for your area of Kitchener. As you see my speeds were still pathetic last night here in north Waterloo.

zeexyz
join:2003-12-10
Richmond Hill, ON

zeexyz to QL0G1C

to QL0G1C
My internet has gone down twice now in the last week, both times early in the morning. I'm at the north end of Richmond Hill (near Aurora).

I doubt it's up now (12:56pm) because I can't FTP into my computer at all.

This is starting to get ridiculous

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY to dangerfrost

Anon

to dangerfrost
Click for full size
Click for full size
Elizabeth Alvarado just called and said she had been told the problem for my area was fixed this morning. Speeds were good then, but already on their predictable decline, in about an hour that will be at 2 or 3, and falling. Guess it was just a stall tactic, or in typical Rogers fashion the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

doonsy
join:2002-03-15

doonsy to Matt08642

to Matt08642

Re: [Extreme] Rogers Extreme (10Mbps) has been VERY slow the las

Not bad, but should be better. Websites taking forever to load as well.

Ultimate....

Stvndsl
join:2011-09-20
Richards Landing, ON

Stvndsl

Well mine definitely isn't fixed, 7 weeks now... In Waterloo :/