spc
Search similar:

uniqs

doonsy
join:2002-03-15

doonsy to Matt08642

to Matt08642

Re: [Extreme] Rogers Extreme (10Mbps) has been VERY slow the las

My speed test will complete a ping test, then the download test stays at zero for 10 seconds, spikes to 5Mbps and completes. Pretty crappy surfing tonight

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY to jeremym5

Anon

to jeremym5

Extreme Plus Waterloo 1 mbps or less night 5 wks Rogers Fault

Click for full size
Extreme Plus Waterloo near Parkside & Weber - Still at predictable 1 mbps down 1 up, as every night since 9/18/11.

10/3/11 Diane of CAT team finally first admits it's a Rogers network issue.

I think the important thing is to keep an open ticket for yourself until your speeds are fixed. Even if they close it. Took me 7.

I know it's frustrating, but it's really the only way Rogers tracks, or fixes, congestion issues like this.

Ellen Roseman of the Toronto Star can help some. (consumer advocate, writer, etc, who is the only media person to do anything on this issue)

eroseman@thestar.ca

Ask her to have her contacts in the Rogers Office of the President contact you because you can't get through to the CAT team or anyone knowledgeable on the issue after several calls.

She will do it. That's the only way I got in touch with them. It's not much help, but at least they call you to check. So you don't have to keep calling them, and re explaining.

I tried to do that for 2 weeks on my own with no response. Emailed Ellen, Office of President called later that day, and have been calling since.

Should we organize at their office building if this isnt fixed soon, maybe try to get some cameras down there?
jeremym5
join:2011-10-25

jeremym5

Re: Extreme Plus Waterloo 1 mbps or less night 5 wks Rogers Faul

Thanks, I just e-mailed her. Hopefully I'll get a response soon!

I'd be down for a meeting at their office but sadly with school I barely have the time to call Rogers let alone go to their headquarters.

Again, thanks for her email address.
netglow
join:2011-10-15
Waterloo, ON

netglow

Re: [Extreme] Rogers Extreme (10Mbps) has been VERY slow the las

Posting to confirm my issues have been back and are still not solved. I don't know what to do besides wait at this point, though. Rogers support has explained they are working on the issue and that it is indeed their issue, but there is nothing I can do.

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY

Anon

Being a congestion issue, it will appear fixed at any time there aren't that many users on your node maxing out the bandwidth. At least that proves that your lines, modem, equipment, etc, are all capable of receiving advertised speeds and beyond, and it's definitely Rogers Congested and oversold nodes still causing problems.
jeremym5

jeremym5

6:30 pm and my upload is still at 21! That hasn't happened for quite a long time (if ever). Although, I'm still supposed to be getting 32 I'll see how long this lasts.

Jhero
Premium Member
join:2003-10-10
Ottawa, ON

Jhero to Matt08642

Premium Member

to Matt08642
10:30PM and wow, I'm actually reaching my 32mbit cap!

The only thing I've done today out of the ordinary is replaced my defective HD PVR box and called in to reactivate it…

Could that have somehow flipped a 'magical' switch?

Mojorific
@rim.net

Mojorific to Matt08642

Anon

to Matt08642
I called Rogers 2 nights ago because I was noticing I was getting 5Mbit speeds when I usually get upwards of 20+ on my 25Mbit service.

The tech took my information, and then we performed a test with my laptop directly connected to the router (the SMC unit). Same bad performance, and it is happening every evening. In the morning I can get the 20+ that is advertised.

If this continues long i'm going to ask for a refund for the different in the service. I shouldn't have to pay full price for a service that doesn't provide more than 1/5th of the full speed.

I've also sent details to the CRTC about this issue - they need to know that Rogers is overcharging customers for service they are not getting.

Call and complain! Get enough people calling and maybe they will wake up to see that they need to get their act together.

This is in the Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo region by the way.
netglow
Waterloo, ON

netglow

At this point Roger's is paying for their greedy mistakes and the issue will eventually be resolved, but they've dug themselves into a very deep hole. I'm sure they understand the issue, but yes, we must act as catalyst in getting the issue resolved. Continue calling in and complaining. A good and very reasonable idea is to ask that your bill be drastically reduced. Threatening to drop their services or switch to another provider does not worry them, but if you are not receiving the service you are paying for, asking for a (much) lower bill is totally reasonable.
nhs ice
join:2006-08-16
Toronto, ON

1 edit

nhs ice to Matt08642

to Matt08642

This is my result @ 4:58 pm and this is very same as the rest of the week for the last 2 weeks. It will drive down to as much as 5 mpb/s around 6:30 pm until midnight. I will do another test around 3:00 am and I am sure the speed will be as 50mpb/s.
Stvndsl
join:2011-09-20
Richards Landing, ON

Stvndsl to Matt08642

to Matt08642
8 weeks now since I called, and I think mine might finally be fixed. Two nights now and I get 50-70mb every speed test. Hopefully it's not a fluke...

If you have been experiencing this problem for as long as I have, my saving grace I believe was the reporter from The Star, Ellen. Her e-mail is listed earlier in this thread. I contacted her after submitting a complaint to the Office of the President (you can do this online). She said she took my name and gave it to her contacts at Rogers. They called me the next day and offered me 2 months free and my services have been working properly ever since. Could be a coincidence, but after 7-8 weeks of calling and getting nowhere, I'm thinking it had something to do with her.

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY to netglow

Anon

to netglow
Looks like yours is fixed UW, I think mine might be. Will have to see what later this evening looks like.

I agree that everyone should push for the maximum credit possible pointing out that the evening hours (only time most people use their internet) you received 5 % of less of your service.

We should still all file complaints with the CRTC, CCTS, BBB, and anyone else that will listen. Every agency or group claims technically they don't handle speed issues. If we all keep calling maybe sheer numbers and similarity of stories alone will finally prevent this garbage again.

Yes I believe Elen Roseman was the only person out of everyone I contacted at Rogers, and in the media, that made any effort to help fix this issue. With out her I'd probably be on my 220th call re explaining the issue, as it goes at Rogers Tech support.

ROGERS NEEDS TO BE REQUIRED TO UPGRADE ITS NETWORK BEFORE IT GOES ADDING MORE SUBSCRIBERS, SPECIAL PROMOTIONS, IN ALREADY CONGESTED AREAS! 4 TO 8 WEEKS WITH THE PROFITS ROGERS MAKES, UNACCEPTABLE!

claydavis
@rogers.com

claydavis to Stvndsl

Anon

to Stvndsl

Looks like i'm fixed, too.

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY

Anon

Extreme Plus Waterloo, ON - Well it seems mine is fixed too, for the moment. It is still Rogers. I do still drop down to 50% of advertised at peak times some, but definitely workable, compared to 1 mbps.

That was 2 months of 1 mbps 5 pm to 3 am every night. It took Rogers 2 months to upgrade my oversold node, something they should have done BEFORE they maxed it out.

I 'm going to keep writing anyone that will listen, keep filing complaints. We consumers need protection from Rogers. We need an agency that has teeth, that can make Rogers deliver the speeds it advertises!

Thank you again Ellen Roseman of the Toronto Star. Nothing would have happened, even in 2 months with out her.

eroseman@thestar.ca

funny thing is, my last 3 emails sent to her over Rogers network were returned as failed. I emailed her from US computer, and it went right thru, she responded again. Weird.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24

damir52

Premium Member

Post headers, that way you can see what the problem was actually.
jeremym5

jeremym5

Mine is definitely working better. Last few days I was getting around 15 up where I should be getting 32. Today I'm near 10 up at the moment. It could definitely be improved - but it's a nice start.
netglow
Waterloo, ON

netglow to ROGERMONOPLY

to ROGERMONOPLY
I had some disconnects and saw some better speeds in my speedtests, but here I am, again... I am certainly not yet fixed!
nhs ice
join:2006-08-16
Toronto, ON

nhs ice to Matt08642

to Matt08642
Can anyone guide me how and what should I write to Ellen Roseman about this crap speed I am having for the last few weeks?
mywax
join:2011-07-23

mywax to ROGERMONOPLY

to ROGERMONOPLY
Things were looking better over the weekend but from speed tests tonight looks like back to normal slow downs now that everyone back on.

Stvndsl
join:2011-09-20
Richards Landing, ON

Stvndsl

Yeah, I was getting very high speeds for a few days for once.. but they seem to have slowed down. Still a bit better than the 1mb I was getting every night, but nowhere near where they should be. Back down to 3-10mb now.

A step in the right direction, we'll see how it goes this week I guess..
netglow
Waterloo, ON

netglow

lol

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY to Stvndsl

Anon

to Stvndsl
My service is very fast this morning, however there have been some slow periods, but even when my Rogers worked, it was always slower at peak times. Still going to keep pressuring all for better quality service from this monopoly.

I'm not going to let tech support or the office of the president close out my open ticket for as long as possible. After 2 months of all this wasted time just because Rogers is stingy on network upgrades, they should be stingy on advertising until the first is fixed.

I urge every one to do the same. Keep your ticket open as long as possible in case this is a fluke or traffic management trick. It's Rogers, they lied in public about throttile, WOW, all that for months. What's to say they don't lie about other things.
Samgee
join:2010-08-02
canada

Samgee to Matt08642

to Matt08642
I still don't understand why Acanac in Kitchener is giving full speeds at peak times while Rogers has congestion. I also don't understand why there are people still on Rogers in areas that are covered by cheaper providers (half the price).

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24

damir52

Premium Member

It all really depends on location and local node.

I am having issues with Teksavvy's cable in Kitchener, close to Downtown, where other people in same area saying they are getting okay speeds, and some not, so ....

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY to Stvndsl

Anon

to Stvndsl
Just received call from Elizabeth Alvarado Rogers Office of the President. She told me, "issue resolved for your area or node on friday".

I asked if the O of P would call me back in a week just to be safe. She argued, put me on hold, and finally agreed to one last call back. Unbelievable. She then down played the 2 months of 2 % service at night saying, "I've seen your usage, you're still using the internet, we are giving you a credit for the full month despite that"

I just about lost my mind. I explained to her that doesnt mean that I had a quality of service any where near where it should be. Reloading webpages, unable to stream audio or video, the constant aggravation.

Yes it is node to node. Some are congested, some arent, and Rogers has no auditing process they just max it out and wait and see.

To earlier poster, Ellen Roseman can help by having Rogers O of P get in touch with you, through her Rogers contacts. Email a brief description of the issue, related to the one she's been covering.

eroseman@thestar.ca

A 5 minute argument over 1 more call back after a constant 2 month issue.

I don't switch to Tek Savvy yet because of my Rogers contract, the start up costs, and the fact that I'd still be on the same often congested Rogers node.

If they offer must faster DSL here soon, I will switch to that.

Unrealistically low bandwidth caps, weeks and months of almost worthless speeds, argumentative staff at all levels, somethings got to give.

kre8tv
@rogers.com

kre8tv

Anon

I recently upgraded to Extreme and I'm pretty happy. Even in peak periods I'm getting numbers exceeding 25mbps. One thing I did find right away was that the SMC modem/router works better when you choose a channel rather than leaving it on the default "auto" setting.

ROGERMONOPLY
@rogers.com

ROGERMONOPLY

Anon

You're lucky your not on a congested node. Hopefully Rogers wont over sell your area. If it's densely populated, this problem will only get worse unless Rogers starts investing more of it's nickle and dime fees back into the network it keeps selling and over selling.
mywax
join:2011-07-23

mywax to ROGERMONOPLY

to ROGERMONOPLY
Received a call from someone in the Office of the President yesterday saying they would be "decongesting" my area (downtown Toronto) last night.

So far seems like it has resolved the issue. Will test again later tonight.
QL0G1C
join:2007-02-20
King City

QL0G1C

Still slow in Richmond Hill on extreme plus

kre8tv
join:2011-10-31

kre8tv to kre8tv

to kre8tv
I should have included this in my earlier post for reference.