spc
uniqs

Doc Lithius
join:2009-08-19
Rock, MI

1 edit

Doc Lithius

Re: [Networking] Online Gaming on HughesNet

Ugh... Much to my chagrin, I have another game to add to the ever-growing pile of "can't play" games...

- CosmicBreak (Unplayable) -- I can play offline mode just fine and the tutorial worked perfectly, but directly after selecting my union and any time after, entering the lobby makes my frame rate drop to FAR below 1 frame-per-second. What's more, Windows reports the game as "Not Responding" between frames and there is not a single other person in the lobby with me, no matter which channel I hop on. Admittedly, I can navigate the menus with a lot of patience, but I really don't think this is supposed to happen. It seems like something is snagging with the connection. Or something like that.

I've sent the above paragraph to tech support in hopes of an answer, but I don't really expect anything helpful.

Edit: Hooray for 100 posts to this topic! I couldn't have done it without your guys' interest.
Doc Lithius

Doc Lithius

- Vindictus (Mixed Results) -- This one is a weird one. Interacting with people in town works just fine and forming a party to play by yourself works perfectly. However, playing in someone else's party is quite impossible... You can't move when in someone else's party at all. Similarly, someone else in your party will be just as immobile. But... the game is relatively simple, so playing by yourself shouldn't be that big of an issue. You just can't do raid missions.
Doc Lithius

Doc Lithius

- Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall (Mostly Playable, Uses Mass Bandwidth) -- I can't explain why this game uses anywhere near as much bandwidth as it does, but in a half-hour time frame, I went from 460-some MB available to 225 MB. And this was just in the tutorial area! Otherwise, it seems to play alright enough. You can interact with people, enemies, NPCs... You take a lot of damage when you shouldn't, though, since the game views where you are on their end instead of where you are on your end. I highly suggest waiting until the free period to play this.

- Facebook - Farmville (Fully Playable, Uses a Lot of Bandwidth) -- Another game I can't explain the bandwidth usage for. Otherwise, perfectly playable.

- Rusty Hearts (Fully Playable) -- I haven't run across any problems playing solo yet, but I haven't tested being in a party. Chances are, it may work similar to how Vindictus does, but don't quote me on that.