The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 recommendation

NetFixer to starfish8

Premium Member

to starfish8

Re: How to identify devices that are connected to a router?

said by starfish8:

What is the best way to identify all the devices that are connected to my Linksys E3000 router?

said by starfish8:

I have a few questons. First, is it possible for a router to have both at the same time? And second, where would the MAC addresses for the static IPs be listed? Is there a single place where I can look to see every MAC address and IP address that is connected to the router?

Since you need help with a specific router, you might be able to find out faster by posting in the »Linksys forum.

I don't have one of those routers available, but on my Netgear WNR1000 router, I can access a network scan feature that basically is an ARP scan to detect any attached device, DHCP or not (and my Netgear router does not use DHCP for its connected devices anyway).

My SMCD3G has a similar function (and it does not use DHCP for its connected devices either):

The Netopia 3347 that is the gateway for my AT&T backup connection also has an expanded device scan capability.
It can do an ARP scan for currently active connections:

And it can do a scan that includes devices that were previously connected, but are now off-line: