uniqs
WhyMe420
Premium Member
join:2009-04-06

WhyMe420 to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008

Re: the 80% rule

Well, it is pretty ridiculous how AT&T's FTTP is limited even more-so than their FTTN, but sometimes you just have to face the facts of life. The fact of the matter is that nobody on AT&T FTTP has accomplished what OP is wanting to do to this date. Hell, I would like to expect to have the same speeds as FiOS customers, but the fact of the matter is that Verizon doesn't serve my area, and even if they did they probably wouldn't deploy fiber around here.
dave006
join:1999-12-26
Boca Raton, FL

dave006

Actually FTTP customers were provisoned above FTTN customers when the highest service profile was UvClass10 Stream Profile - 25Mbps profile (25/2). They were all at 30/3.6.

FTTP customer also still have a very big advantage in a very low latency connection, great for gaming! FTTP customers also don't have to worry about being put on a UvClass9 Stream Profile - 19Mbps profile (19/2) due to distance from the VRAD.

As has been previously indicated, until the hardware / software is upgraded on the FTTP plant, only the 30/3.6 profile is available.

Dave
WhyMe420
Premium Member
join:2009-04-06

WhyMe420

Premium Member

Agree with everything Dave . Though as it currently stands FTTP is (artificially) at a disadvantage in the bandwidth department, and 1.5Mbps upload is pretty bad for FTTP, IMO. Heck, I'd probably still choose it though, (that is, if I actually had a choice.)

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to WhyMe420

Premium Member

to WhyMe420
said by WhyMe420:

Well, it is pretty ridiculous how AT&T's FTTP is limited even more-so than their FTTN,

Ridiculous?

I would say more like semi-retarded and primitive. ATT's home run swing!

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

said by DataRiker:

semi-retarded and primitive

Now you know the secret to how the death star works