Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

4 edits
reply to plaisance

Re: Updates on NFL Network Discussions

said by plaisance:

any word on this as this is the time of the year when the NFL and content providers open up for discussion.

This will be the last year I stay with cable if nothing gives as its unacceptable on multiple fronts to have both the NFL and BHN stall discussions on something we, paying customers, want.

I don't care about anything other than a deal getting done, now!

And we want you to have it. When the NFL starts negotiating instead of dictating we'll have a framework for which all can be made happy. You should be aware there is almost no value to the NFL Network since effective 2012 (this year) virtually all of the important games will now be OTA courtesy of a deal signed late last year. In the meantime I suggest you direct some of that frustration to the NFL.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Hardy101

@rr.com

FTA?????

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to gigahurtz

Typo OTA (Over the Air)

HDOrlando

join:2011-11-30
kudos:1
reply to gigahurtz

Gary: When you mean important games, do you mean The Thanksgiving Game moving to NBC?

While I'd love NFL Network, when a deal doesn't get struck, I think of how the NFL screws everyone out of "Sunday Ticket". That is what everyone should think of if no deal is struck. TWC/NFL Network last year and maybe something will happen later this year.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

said by HDOrlando:

Gary: When you mean important games, do you mean The Thanksgiving Game moving to NBC?

While I'd love NFL Network, when a deal doesn't get struck, I think of how the NFL screws everyone out of "Sunday Ticket". That is what everyone should think of if no deal is struck. TWC/NFL Network last year and maybe something will happen later this year.

Thats one of several mentioned in the press release. I need to see if I can dig it all up again. HD you know how I feel about this topic. If folks like the guy above spent half the energy they spent on blasting us at the NFL we wouldn't be dealing with this today.

If people looked at the real reasons behind it they should be angry as hell with the NFL not us for trying to say enough is enough. It boils down to this. Allow us to tier this channel so that only those who want it pay for it, not everyone and make it available at a FAIR price based on the value it adds.

The NFL doesn't want that. In the ultimate money grab (as if they don't already make enough) they want to force it down everyones throat and expect you all to pay for it whether you watch it or not. If the channel actually added some reasonable value for everyone that might be one thing but 8 or 9 exclusive regular games down from the previous year) and then regurgitated sports reruns and commentary the remainder of the year is NOT what most reasonable people would call value.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

With all due respect, I think the frustration that many of us have is that TWC/BHN state they're doing this because not everyone wants to pay for this channel, yet we have loads and loads of channels that we pay for that aren't included in an additional tier that are useless to us.

I completely understand where BHN is coming from, I just wish it was more consistent across the board.

I would love an 'al a carte' approach to television stations, but I realize that will never happen thanks to the networks. They would actually have to work harder to put out quality programming.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by gigahurtz:

With all due respect, I think the frustration that many of us have is that TWC/BHN state they're doing this because not everyone wants to pay for this channel, yet we have loads and loads of channels that we pay for that aren't included in an additional tier that are useless to us.

I completely understand where BHN is coming from, I just wish it was more consistent across the board.

I would love an 'al a carte' approach to television stations, but I realize that will never happen thanks to the networks. They would actually have to work harder to put out quality programming.

GH we have to start somewhere besides many of the channels you refer to are bought in groups where to carry one you must carry all. No choice there. Also the channels you refer to are in most cases diverse and do offer considerable value to the vast majority of viewers compared to lets say the NFL Network where the programming options are limited to just one topic.
--

HDOrlando

join:2011-11-30
kudos:1

Gary: Yes, I do understand your position . While I want NFL Network badly and that Redzone channel and plan to campaign for the sides to reach a deal, it really is too expensive and sports drives up our bill.

The NFL giving DTV exclusive access to "Sunday Ticket" is the worst though.

They screw over the competitors and complain about competitors not picking up their NFL Network. Unfortunately, Comcast and Dish Network caved and then other cable co's followed.

If they had not, they could have banded together and forced NFL Network into making "Sunday Ticket" available to all and a fairer price for NFL Network. MLB, NBA and NHL all offer their out of market packages to everyone.

That's why I have no problem if a deal is not reached.

Everyone: Look at our HD lineup compared to other systems. It is wonderful and were close to 200 HD channels with HD coming every few months.

The only holes I see are NFL Network (We have discussed this), HDNet (soon to be AXS.TV) and HDNet Movies and more HD Starz.

All actually have a chance to happen this year too if the NFL gets their act together, AXS lowers their price with the new format (I think they will and HDNet Movies would go back on the HD or Movie Tier) and More HD Starz which should happen soon after a new long-term deal is struck (They are on month to months at the moment)

Sometimes I feel we forget how fortunate we are with BHN and I truly mean that.