uniqs

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

[poll]Have or will you give up your satellite radio?

No doubt many are upset with some of the channel changes lately. Some of the casualties include: Cinemagic, BBCRadio 1 and Iceberg Radio.

Removal of BBCRadio 1 was quite a hit for some listeners, including myself. On facebook, a fan page dedicated to the BBCRadio 1 fiasco has well over 5,000 fans already.

So, poll question.

Poll
Will you be giving up your satellite radio?

Yes - due to line up changes

Yes - other reasons

No

Unsure

I don't have satellite radio

Votes:51

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland

Premium Member

I surely am upset about Cinemagic, but then again, I made 2 800 mile round trips last week, and having XM all the way back and forth really made for a more pleasant trip. I'm on the fence.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
I tried but they kept me by offering me a 5 months for $25. It was a offer for a dead radio. I told them I wanted to cancel my current one, they asked what they could do to keep me. Give me the offer and I'll stay. I had recently paid of one prior quarter. But given the new offer I am paid off with credit till Jan. I prob re-examine my listening habits then.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

They do make it rather hard to cancel, they are right up there in Vonage. With Vonage they had me down to a $2.99/month plan...lol..I guess the more customers (rather than profit) the better, since basically it's a virtual service anyway, and any customer is gravy. I think when I quit Sirius they gave me 6 months free, then when I called to cancel, they offered another 3 months, they asked me to go around asking my friends if any one of them wanted a satellite radio.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
I'll probably keep it, especially if I keep getting the $77/year deal.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
I have no desire to give up on satellite radio. I’m been with XM since Aug 2003, Sirius since Oct 2004, and get a lot of value out of both. At one time I had three XM subscriptions and two Sirius subscriptions, now I just have one of each. XM with Best of Sirius in my SUV, Sirius with Best of XM at home, and online streaming for my Android phone. Yes, the services are nowhere near as good as they were pre-merger, and I was 110% against the merger, but sill Sirius XM is a hell of a lot better than terrestrial radio. Online services like Pandora and Slacker and great, but I also enjoy the talk content. Opie & Anthony, Playboy Radio, Spice Race, the various dedicated sports talk channels like NHL home Ice and NFL Radio. I don’t see a time where I never have satellite radio.

In all honesty, I was overjoyed with the removal of BBC Radio 1. I believe ALL music stations should be produced inhouse. Plus I never really understood the point. Hits 1 and 20 on 20 plays the same stuff as BBC Radio did. I also would like to see all the single artist channels pulled as well.

I may be one of a handful of people that do it, but I proudly pay full price for my subscriptions. I am of the belief that a product or service is either worth it to you at the price the market bares or not. If I didn’t think satellite radio was worth the full price, I would not subscribe to it.
RokHed
join:2000-09-09
Pennsville, NJ

RokHed to J E F F4

to J E F F4
I Cancelled it several years ago. However my myfi is still active. Its hard to give it up when its been free for 3yrs and counting lol

Detroit_dude
@comcast.net

Detroit_dude to Happydude32

Anon

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

I may be one of a handful of people that do it, but I proudly pay full price for my subscriptions. I am of the belief that a product or service is either worth it to you at the price the market bares or not. If I didn’t think satellite radio was worth the full price, I would not subscribe to it.

I'm in that handful right with you all! I pay full price as well for 2 units even though I have units I upgraded from that are working for free from missing their deactivation signal. The old units just sit in a box with my other old electronic toys while I continue to pay for the 2 that I do use.

Why do I continue to pay even though I know I could have the service for free? For my needs it is a highly valuable service and I am willing to pay for a service that does really well at fitting those needs.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya to J E F F4

MVM

to J E F F4
I actually called to cancel today, but not for the reasons in the poll. I have no interest in either of those channels. I called because of the price.

They were able to give me the $77 plan again, so I stayed on board for another year.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

$77 all inclusive? (Taxes, royalties, etc?)

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

$84.59

NJxxxJon
2 0 1 7 Mmm Here We go man!
Premium Member
join:2005-10-22

NJxxxJon to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
I gave up a few years ago with all the AC adapters used to other things around my office.....Now the antennas.... haha....no use.