spc
Search similar:

uniqs
corbin
join:2013-09-13

corbin to noyb8

to noyb8

Re: [ALL] Ask a Shaw Rep

I don't think Sean works at Shaw for quite a while now.

noyb8
join:2004-04-20
canada

noyb8 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Nice support haven’t replied to anything in a year there bot

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds to molfert

Premium Member

to molfert
said by molfert:

Yes with the new XB6. I have posted in that thread with my IPv6 test.

I stand corrected,

Appears to be CMTS/node based
molfert
join:2002-02-19
Calgary, AB

molfert to kevinds

to kevinds
Yes with the new XB6. I have posted in that thread with my IPv6 test.

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to molfert

Premium Member

to molfert
said by molfert:

I switched from a Hitron to the XB6 and now I have an IPv6 public address to network on. This is the first time I have had this. What modem before this had this?

So you are saying that Shaw's cable network has IPv6 working with the new modems?

I hadn't heard this anywhere before.. I'd love to use TeamViewer with you to verify this is actually the case...
molfert
Calgary, AB

molfert to kevinds

to kevinds
I switched from a Hitron to the XB6 and now I have an IPv6 public address to network on. This is the first time I have had this. What modem before this had this?

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to molfert

Premium Member

to molfert
So were the previous ones
molfert
Calgary, AB

molfert to kevinds

to kevinds
The new cable modem has IPv6 enabled.

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to IPv

Premium Member

to IPv
said by IPv :

Any plans to roll out v6? Anything I've read seems like it has been a 6 year work in progress. Lol

Been using he tunnel broker as a stop gap, but Shaw should have this rolled out natively now that Telus has it.

Shaw was proud that they were the first ISP with ARIN to get a prefix.. Too bad they haven't done much with it yet.

That being said, I like the static prefixes that TunnelBroker provides, and will probably continue to use them as long as I can.

IPv
@2001:470.x

IPv to ShawSean

Anon

to ShawSean
Any plans to roll out v6? Anything I've read seems like it has been a 6 year work in progress. Lol

Been using he tunnel broker as a stop gap, but Shaw should have this rolled out natively now that Telus has it.

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
Yeah, a lot of channels were bad last night/evening.. If I was to guess, they were moving stations to different QAM channels.

*what happened to overnight maintenance*

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

humanfilth to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
»community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-14236 source link will probably get deleted

Document created by shaw-ken on Nov 30, 2017•Last modified by shaw-ken on Nov 30, 2017

Some customers may be experiencing intermittent pixelation or black screen on multiple channels. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please tune into our FreeRange TV app that is available on your App store or via your web at »freerange.shaw.ca/ so you can continue to enjoy your content. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Updates:

8:30 PM PT: We can confirm that the issue is now resolved. We apologize for all the inconvenience caused. Please reach out to us on »www.shaw.ca/contact-us/ if you have any concerns. Thank you for your patience.

Last modified on Nov 30, 2017 9:39 PM

Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

1 recommendation

Doonz (banned) to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

WTH was going on with the cable last night............right in the middle of the Canuck's game?

Hamster fell off the wheel

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to ShawSean

Premium Member

to ShawSean
WTH was going on with the cable last night............right in the middle of the Canuck's game?
mlmclaren
join:2017-05-09
Medicine Hat, AB

mlmclaren to ShawSean

to ShawSean
I want a modem only solution with the latest non Intel chipset... preferable bonding 16+ downstream channels and maybe Docsis 3.1....

Let's get some control back to the EU eh!
heezus
join:2017-03-13
Surrey, BC

heezus to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Hey I have a cgnm2250 that I bought from shaw, is there away for you to upgrade it even if I am using on a tpia?
molfert
Calgary, AB

molfert to noyb8

to noyb8
Shaw doesn't post here anymore. You may want to call or post on community.shaw.ca

noyb8
join:2004-04-20
canada

noyb8 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
so what is the excuse this time

on 60/10 line

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to ddonais

Premium Member

to ddonais
Might be best asked on Shaw's community..

IMO this should be unstuck.. I don't think anyone outside Corbin really check in here, and Corbin can't answer that..

You have to ask yourself if it would make financial sense for Shaw to expand there.. How many people are around you, and how many homes/businesses would be passed on the way.

If you want to spend it yourself, Shaw could extend the plant on your dime, but it won't come cheap..

Just another option..
ddonais
join:2013-03-19
Dryden, ON

ddonais to ShawSean

to ShawSean
I was wondering if shaw has any plans to expand its service area in Dryden, Ontario. I currently live about a mile from where shaw stops.

Thanks
Daryll
bushwhacker
join:2015-12-23
Canada

1 edit

bushwhacker to kevinds

to kevinds
no. this started with my old ip - static for a long time. Recently I did have to change from the wp regional server name to the national 'news.shawcable.net' as the regional names were dropped. All worked for a week or two and now this has started. we're visiting our son for the holidays, hence the ip change.

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to bushwhacker

Premium Member

to bushwhacker
'New' IP address?
bushwhacker
join:2015-12-23
Canada

bushwhacker to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Shaw news access is hanging at "Initializing" for the past few days and no articles can be retrieved. ping news.shawcable.net replies 100% from a Highwinds' server. I appear to be connecting - no error message, asking for u/p, etc. Hopefully someone knows something about the Shaw usenet access status and has the ability to rectify the problem.
Thanks

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to openwire

Premium Member

to openwire
Within 30 days, 100% hardware refund. If you cancel after 30 days, on Easy-Own you have to pay out the hardware financing cost.

Free rental on contract, there is a fee, but I don't know what it is, otherwise no, no cancellation fees for the service
openwire
join:2012-12-28
Fort St John, BC

openwire to ShawSean

to ShawSean
I just had an install yesterday on a warm home. I'm wondering, if I'm dissatisfied with the service is there a cancellation fee tied to the gateway if it's in the first 30 days? I believe I was signed up to easy own as well...

mellowlol
join:2015-06-18

mellowlol to Doonz

to Doonz
A lot of grandfathered codes combine TV and Internet service on the same billing/service code. What that means is cancelling cable would force us to switch your Internet plan to one of the new codes (in5/15/30/60/120). The bundled in250 with the service code showing 'u' at the end, such as PZR30U, denotes an unlimited data plan. Today, those services cost $170 (for 25 mbps down, 2.5 mbps up) or $188 (for 50 mbps down, 3 mbps up). So you're paying $179 for unlimited 250 mbps down, 15 mbps up.

If there were any tricks to circumvent this dependency, I would let you know. At this time there are none I can think of.
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned) to mellowlol

to mellowlol
said by mellowlol:

Okay, but no explanation as to why you can't have stand-alone Internet?

Yes I do.

Don't know it was the CSR on the phone that said I could not keep my 250 internet if i got rid of the tv.

mellowlol

mellowlol to Doonz

to Doonz
Okay, but no explanation as to why you can't have stand-alone Internet?

Yes I do.
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned) to mellowlol

to mellowlol
said by mellowlol:

BASIC 46.00
IN250 133.00

What's the dependency preventing the cancellation of basic?

They said i cant. if i get rid of tv i get the the internet 250 removed as well..

Do you work for shaw?

mellowlol

mellowlol to Doonz

to Doonz
BASIC 46.00
IN250 133.00

What's the dependency preventing the cancellation of basic?