Search similar:

uniqs

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to Laird

to Laird

Re: [ALL] Ask ShawSean

No problem, let me know how the new equipment works out. BB50 now as well correct?
Laird
join:2012-02-04
Vancouver, BC

1 edit

Laird

48.9mbps down, 2.9mbps up and BB50 when I first plugged it in, now it has dropped down to average of 26mbps down/2.94mbps up. Guess the tech will still have to come next week. Thanks for trying.

Baud1200
join:2003-02-10

1 edit

Baud1200

Think its time to post a poll whether or not to direct link to this useful thread in replacement of useless "Ask Amy" on the Shaw home page!!!
»askamy.shaw.ca/ActiveAge ··· ent.aspx

Tech comes out Thurs. Sean, cant wait for him to see what i am seeing here. Got me modem hooked up directly to the cable coming into the basement wall with a work bench set up for him to put his laptop on. lmao. cant get any more direct that that. I can only hope he is as competent as the representative you had contact me.
Props again.
tlhIngan
join:2002-07-08
Richmond, BC

tlhIngan to ShawSean

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

It's actually shawfeedback[at]sjrb.ca raven.

@rrcool53 - The email address I provided is where I would suggest sending your suggestions. Your feedback will be forwarded to the proper department(s) for review. I can't guarantee a response to your submission, but each and every email received get's read.

Cheers.

Shawsean, would that email address work for suggestions on new equipment? It would be nice to have a Premier Q (the cable company version of the Premier Elite) instead of the Gateway (it's similar to the Gateway, just TiVo-ized). Or perhaps carrying the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner card for PCs?

(We know those use CableCARDs, but since Shaw also uses CableCARDs, but don't provide them, so if we can get these through Shaw...). Surely there must be some request for alternative cable boxes that Shaw can provide...

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@tlhIngan - I'll be honest, the likely-hood of us changing equipment is slim, but I know we're always looking at new technologies. I'd definitely submit any ideas you've got, the more suggestions the better!

@Laird - Directly connected it went down to 26mbps?

@Baud1200 - haha, I like amy and thanks for the kind words. Let me know how things go after the service call.
Laird
join:2012-02-04
Vancouver, BC

Laird

Correct, Three computers also, windows 7, windows 8, & Mac OS X with all the same results. 30.1 mbps was the last test this morning on my mac box about an hour ago.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

said by Laird:

Correct, Three computers also, windows 7, windows 8, & Mac OS X with all the same results. 30.1 mbps was the last test this morning on my mac box about an hour ago.

Since you just upgraded from docsis 2 (if I remember correctly) there's a good chance your levels might be out of spec. Let me know how things go after the technician visits next week.
ainrue
join:2011-11-30
Vancouver, BC

ainrue to ShawSean

to ShawSean
hey @shawsean,

Just got a flyer here in the mail for 'shaw EXO'. Does this mean that UBC Officially has the BB250 plan, or will in the near future?

My plan is actually, for once, showing as within the BB100 specs, but I still get between 50Mbps and 80Mbps (and its mid day - I'll let you know what I find at peak time.)

If its available, could you please update my account to BB250?

Thanks!

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Not available yet, as soon as it is I'll be in touch.

Cheers.
ainrue
join:2011-11-30
Vancouver, BC

ainrue

Thanks so much! I know I keep buggin' you, I'm just anxious.

Even any hints as to when I can expect it would be helpful though - anything better than "soon" is good news to me!

Cheers!

Spellbot5000
join:2011-06-09
Port Moody, BC

Spellbot5000 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Since Shaw has basically said to wait for the digital changeover to complete in my area before any of my issues can be fixed, do you have any update when this is going to happen ShawSean? Particularly in the Port Moody area?

All I've been able to get from various techs so far is "Probably sometime this year."
saberon6
join:2011-05-27

saberon6

We'll "sometime this year" is funny because the DNU is supposed to be done nationwide in Fall 2012. So every single place in Canada should be done "sometime this year"
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde

I don't think that's true. It was announced to start in Fall 2011 and take up to 17 months to complete was it not? That would mean spring 2013?
saberon6
join:2011-05-27

saberon6

Well official PDF says 16 months from "Fall 2011" which could technically mean September I suppose....

September 1 + 16= Jan 1 2013.

So my guess is MOST areas will be done by end of 2012

Edit: In my last post I meant to say end of year 2012 instead of Fall 2012.
nega
join:2012-02-09
Edmonton, AB

nega to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Hey Sean,

I have been pestering my local shaw branch about Broadband 250 for a very long time now, and I see that the shaw.ca site states it is available in edmonton now, but my site still shows up as 100 when they look it up. Every time I call in I get a different response about when it will be available.
Would you be able to provide me with an ETA or just upgrade my account if you can??
tlhIngan
join:2002-07-08
Richmond, BC

tlhIngan to ShawSean

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

@tlhIngan - I'll be honest, the likely-hood of us changing equipment is slim, but I know we're always looking at new technologies. I'd definitely submit any ideas you've got, the more suggestions the better!

Well, I don't really want to have equipment changed, I just want usable equipment. In an ideal world, I could get a cablecard from Shaw and use that, but since Shaw doesn't provide them, requesting different equipment other than either the Gateway or the godawful Motorola boxes would be nice.

Choice is good, after all, perhaps Shaw having the basic Motorola, the Gateway, and for advanced users willing to pay a little more, an Elite Q/Preview or ATI card with card preloaded. Maybe an Apple TV, should Apple make one.

I'll send the feedback, thanks!

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to nega

to nega
@nega - If you pm me your account details, I'll take a look and see if it's available yet. If it is we'll get you setup.

@tlhIngan - Sounds good, appreciate the feedback.

Cheers.
Cornat
join:2011-10-17
Kelowna, BC

Cornat to tlhIngan

to tlhIngan
said by tlhIngan:

the godawful Motorola boxes would be nice.

You've never owned a Pace have you?
ravenchilde

ravenchilde

said by Cornat:

You've never owned a Pace have you?

Cornat: Is it some sort of cosmic irony that Pace is a 4-letter name?

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

@nega - If you pm me your account details, I'll take a look and see if it's available yet. If it is we'll get you setup.

@tlhIngan - Sounds good, appreciate the feedback.

Cheers.

Shaw should be aggressively working with APPLE on their Apple Television product like Rogers and BCE are. Apple is about to change the landscape in Broadband Television. I own a 2nd Generation AppleTV Terminal and prefer using it to stream my shows over regular TV or the Gateway. Shaw did say at the May customer focus meeting they have changed their focus from being a CableTV company and is focused on being a Broadband Company. Take this suggestion back to your peers Shawsean.

P.S. I have come to the conclusion that I am not happy with the Gateway UI interface and the remote, and in fact hate it period.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Thanks for the feedback and email pkarlos, I'll make sure it get's to the right people.

Cheers.

zninja
@184.71.164.x

zninja

Anon

Hi Sean.

Is Shaw going to add Korean channels in the future? My wife is pissed off that I just switched from Telus Optik HD to Shaw Exo because I didn't check the listing correctly before pulling the trigger.

Thanks!
ravenchilde

ravenchilde

said by zninja :

Hi Sean.

Is Shaw going to add Korean channels in the future? My wife is pissed off that I just switched from Telus Optik HD to Shaw Exo because I didn't check the listing correctly before pulling the trigger.

Thanks!

Oy. I feel your pain brother. GL with the wife.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to zninja

to zninja
said by zninja :

Hi Sean.

Thanks!

I haven't heard anything no, What channels are you specifically looking for?

Sorry to hear about the angry wife as well... at least you're doing your best to make things right!

Cheers.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

1 edit

kevinds to pkarlos_76

Premium Member

to pkarlos_76
Rogers and Telus are partnered with XBox, this would be a nice bonus too - I am kind of anti-Mac but that is a different issue haha.
cujo74
join:2011-09-16
Surrey, BC

cujo74

Hi Sean, have you seen the news that Arris will stop selling their PVR's after 2013 and disontinuing support? How will that affect current users of their boxes for their whole home Gateway DVR solution?
Lesaonar
join:2000-07-25
Victoria, BC

Lesaonar

said by cujo74:

Hi Sean, have you seen the news that Arris will stop selling their PVR's after 2013 and disontinuing support? How will that affect current users of their boxes for their whole home Gateway DVR solution?

Link an official release from Arris, or it's nothing more than rumor.

ShawCableGuy
@shawcable.net

ShawCableGuy

Anon

Arris is dropping support for their moxi consumer boxes, not gateway and oem for cable companies.

You can be confident in knowing that the relationship between shaw and arris is strong and both are dedicated to bringing new fixes and features to the gateway platform.

»www.engadget.com/2012/02 ··· f-guide/
nega
join:2012-02-09
Edmonton, AB

nega to pkarlos_76

to pkarlos_76
Ill take the gateway box off your hands pkarlos
Woof3
join:2012-01-30
Chilliwack, BC

Woof3 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Hey Sean, I sent you a PM like you asked explaining my situation here in Kelowna. Even tonight I'm getting consistent drops of signal and it's quite frustrating!