uniqs

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to Woof3

to Woof3

Re: [ALL] Ask ShawSean

said by Woof3:

Hey Sean, I sent you a PM like you asked explaining my situation here in Kelowna. Even tonight I'm getting consistent drops of signal and it's quite frustrating!

I'll be addressing my pm's soon Woof, I'll be in touch.

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to nega

to nega
I'm still paying for it, and after all the headache if getting the signals balanced and I need something for TV anyhow, might as well keep it For my mother and roommates to use. Personally, I use my jailbreaked AppleTV 99% of the time, ie iTunes music, movies, Netflix for tvshows and movies. My personal feeling about tvshows is if the cone with advertising then they should be free to watch.
scouzer
join:2007-10-15
Schenectady, NY

scouzer to ShawSean

to ShawSean
I like how Shaw promised all areas to be on at least BB50/100 by Fall 2011, and there's still nothing here BB10/20 are all we can get still.

I don't think they've even done the digital reclamation here. I don't know why we are the absolute bottom of the barrel for Shaw to upgrade. This city seems to be dead last for everything..

CiD
@96.53.26.x

CiD to ShawSean

Anon

to ShawSean
@ShawSean Hey Sean, need a official answer to this.... I just noticed on shaws website that BB100 has 100mbps download and 10mbps upload. However i'm still only getting 5 mbps upload. I noticed when you personalize your bundle, it still says 100mbps download and 5 mbps upload. Is that an error on the site? If it is 10mbps, when is that going to be launched?

CiD
Cornat
join:2011-10-17
Kelowna, BC

Cornat

said by CiD :

@ShawSean Hey Sean, need a official answer to this.... I just noticed on shaws website that BB100 has 100mbps download and 10mbps upload. However i'm still only getting 5 mbps upload. I noticed when you personalize your bundle, it still says 100mbps download and 5 mbps upload. Is that an error on the site? If it is 10mbps, when is that going to be launched?

CiD

The 10mb/s upload is being rolled out to areas that have BB250 available, aka "phase 2" areas. If the site is saying BB250 is available in your area, and you're getting 5mb/s upload on BB100, call in to Shaw and ask for your BB100 to be bumped to phase 2.

CiD
@96.53.26.x

CiD

Anon

Got it! makes sense now... i'm still in the non BB250 area. Guess i will have to wait..

CiD

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@CiD - Cornat nailed it, just make sure you call in when it does become available so you're provisioned properly.

Cheers.
ShawSean

ShawSean to scouzer

to scouzer
@scouzer - PM me your account details and I'll see if I can get any updated information for your area.

Cheers.
scouzer
Schenectady, NY

scouzer

I have no account at the moment, I had to switch away due to the unfixable congestion in my area. I'm in Lloydminster, SK.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

said by scouzer:

I have no account at the moment, I had to switch away due to the unfixable congestion in my area. I'm in Lloydminster, SK.

Gotcha, I'll take a look into this for you today.
CanucksFan19
join:2012-02-16
V5T0A8

CanucksFan19 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Hi @ShawSean, will there be an annual April 1, 2012 price increase? It has happened the last 2 years so just wondering if it will happen again.

Thanks!

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

I'm unaware of any price changes as of today but this is subject to change. If I hear of anything I'll let you know.

Cheers.
scouzer
Schenectady, NY

scouzer to ShawSean

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

said by scouzer:

Gotcha, I'll take a look into this for you today.

Did you have any luck?

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Still looking into it for you. I'll let you know what I find out.

Cheers.

Junior
@shawcable.net

Junior to ShawSean

Anon

to ShawSean
People are always asking about video quality, but no one asks about audio. I still buy (or borrow from the public library) Blu-Rays partly because of the excellent 5.1 digital sound. When I watch a Shaw VOD movie, the sound is ok, but it certainly doesn't seem to be 5.1. The rear speakers never fire up. I'm not even convinced it's stereo, although surely it has to be. Thanks for any info.

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

1 edit

pkarlos_76 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Please ask your marketing department to cancel those ear piercing annoying radio ads. Its driving people buts. I'll be asking the radio station to do the same. Oh and the fact that people are actually complaining on the internet about an Advert should speak volumes to how much its hated.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@scouzer - Haven't forgot about you sir. Still awaiting further info.

@Junior - Good post, I've requested some additional information from the VOD team. I'll let you know what I find out.

@pkarlos - I've replied to the thread
CanucksFan19
V5T0A8

CanucksFan19 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
@ShawSean

With the analogue to digital conversion, is there a list of upcoming cities that will be converted in 2012? My grandmother does not have a Digital Box and will only get it when she has to.

Thanks.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@CanucksFan19 - Unfortunately there isn't a list available for the DNU as too many variables are involved and time lines can change frequently. What city/area does your grandmother live in? I can't promise anything but I'll see if there's any information available.

Cheers.
CanucksFan19
V5T0A8

CanucksFan19

She lives in the Vancouver downtown area.
gary92
join:2011-11-11
canada

gary92 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
does shaw throttle torrents? my upload on speedtests are normal but i dont go over 20kb and sometimes 10kb upload. i used to be able to hit 500kb. my download speeds are normal and i am on BB100

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

said by gary92:

does shaw throttle torrents? my upload on speedtests are normal but i dont go over 20kb and sometimes 10kb upload. i used to be able to hit 500kb. my download speeds are normal and i am on BB100

»shaw.ca/Terms-of-Use/#section4

Then click on "Traffic Management Policies"

It explains our policy far better than I could. Hopfully that answers your question.

Cheers.
gary92
join:2011-11-11
canada

gary92

turned off my anti virus and used a different program to download. speeds are back to normal. thanks sean

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

said by gary92:

turned off my anti virus and used a different program to download. speeds are back to normal. thanks sean

Glad to hear things have been resolved. Have a good one.

CyberNinja
@telus.net

CyberNinja to ShawSean

Anon

to ShawSean
ETA on fix for Jasper AB? I got your service in Nov. 2011, as of yet, it's still not working..... Not impressed

Baud1200
join:2003-02-10

Baud1200

Head into town and use the free WiFi on that huge old hotel downtown Lol. used to work there for Decore hotels. You can tell that the town is hurting for Internet because people are so stingey there with it, never driven though a town for so long looking for a free unlocked WiFi. Even in the residential and trailer park area there were no open connections to borrow. Could have paid a months ISP subscription on what i spent in gas on the 4x4 finding a free one!@!
Mayhem17
join:2012-02-26
Salmon Arm, BC

Mayhem17 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Sean - could you please see if something can be done about this issue? I have until March 1 to sort this out before my old email address is no longer active.

»[BC] Shaw Email Problems

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@CyberNinja - Can you pm me your account details? I'd be able to investigate further.

@Mayhem - Looking now.
Mayhem17
join:2012-02-26
Salmon Arm, BC

Mayhem17

Sean - the PayPal email issues has been fixed, thank you very much!

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Awesome! good to hear.

Cheers.