Search similar:

uniqs
captainslow
join:2012-01-03
Calgary, AB

captainslow to ShawSean

to ShawSean

Re: [ALL] Ask ShawSean

@crazyea Netflix has been set to HD. Unfortunately it only seems to stream at this quality at 2AM in the morning. That's not the ideal time to be watching shows when there's work the next day.

@ShawSean I will provide you with both.

crazyea
join:2006-10-26
Surrey, BC

crazyea to captainslow

to captainslow
Hey Cpt. Have you tried loggin ont netflix via your browser and set it to highest quality? I blelieve tehy set it at lowest quality (even on hd) for Canadian users.

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to captainslow

to captainslow
@captainslow (love the top gear reference btw) - i'll take a look into this for you first thing tomorrow morning. If you haven't already, please pm me with your ph# or account#.
captainslow
join:2012-01-03
Calgary, AB

captainslow to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Hey Shawn,

I was wondering if you could help me out or at least look into things for me. Since June or July I've been experiencing horrible connection speeds under "high speed internet". Sometime in the fall (September I think) I upgraded to Broadband 50 hoping that would change things but it hasn't. Speeds have still been poor. During peak hours I get approximately 1.5Mbps download and 2.5Mbps upload using speedtest.net as well as speedtest.shaw.ca. These speeds are unacceptable since I'm paying far more for a better quality of service. Not only that trying to steam Netflix, let alone in HD, looks like a low quality YouTube clip.

I've been told a few times that there are "network upgrades" that are happening in my area but these have been going on for 6 months. I'm pretty much at a breaking point where I might as well go with someone else in hopes that I get speeds good enough to watch Netflix programs in HD.

If it helps I live in Panorama Hills in Calgary, AB. If you could look into this or give me a rough idea as to when I can expect BB50 speeds in my area that would be great. I have been credited with the difference on cost between high speed and BB50 for three months because of the issues but I'd really like the speed.
Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned) to ShawSean

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

ah, gotcha, well let me know if/when you need things setup.

Will do now i gotta get all the paperwork lined up

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to Doonz

to Doonz
ah, gotcha, well let me know if/when you need things setup.
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

would you want a biz or residential account?

Just a res account is fine. The reason for asking about the 2nd link is because i will have to use corp provided hardware. vpn/firewall/thin client

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to Doonz

to Doonz
would you want a biz or residential account?
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

@Doonz - Yes is it, is one bb250 account not enough?

Looking for a 2nd link that would be only used for work.

crazyea
join:2006-10-26
Surrey, BC

crazyea to ShawSean

to ShawSean
BB250 isn't enough to download the whole interwebz you know!

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@Demi - Are you still having issues with your connection? if so pm me and I'll investigate further.

@pkarlos - Sorry for the experience you had. I'm around again now should you need anything further. As for the concierge chat, I'll pass along your feedback regarding the hours of operation.

@Spellbot5000 - based on my experience (when I was a TSR) I'd say around 1:30-3:00pm is the best. Usually the most staff is on shift during that time.

@Doonz - Yes is it, is one bb250 account not enough?
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

to ShawSean
Sean is it possible to get a 2nd connection for internet?
saberon6
join:2011-05-27

saberon6 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
I've never waited more than 3 minutes with the Concierge Chat
Demi
join:2011-12-12
Mission, BC

Demi to Spellbot5000

to Spellbot5000
I'm very experienced in shaws horrible customer support... I have probably in the ball park of 35-40 hours on hold under my belt. The best time to call is 4:30 - 5:30am generally no wait time at all.

Spellbot5000
join:2011-06-09
Port Moody, BC

Spellbot5000 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Sean, based on your experience, when is the ideal time of day and day of week to call Shaw when I can expect the shortest hold times? Just curious for future reference, since the last several times I've called at varying times have resulted in multi-hour hold times. (which is ridiculous any time of day, period)

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Re: Shaw Friends Concierge Chat = Dissapointed Service

On December 29th at 9:30 MST pm I tried to call Shaw to troubleshoot a SD box that we are activating in one of the unused bedrooms, I activated the device online and it said it was successful, yet I get no cable signal to the box and if the same coax is plugged into the tv I get a signal, The frustration is that I call Shaw and I get NO callback option, and shaw regular chat no answer from it. What really made me rate the service Dissapointed, despite when active I have good experiences wiuth the staff is because you only have the concierge chat available between Hours of operation are Mon - Sun 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM (PST). which is not reasonable considering your hold times are getting bad again. I believe a service for your loyal customers should be available for much longer hours. And to top it off the regular chat kicked me off of it because they closed the service at 10pm PST while I was waiting for 53 minutes for the regular chat which is rude. I guess I am just disappointed that I couldn't accomplish what I had planned in the time allotted, anyhow after 60+ minutes wait on the phone, the tech on the phone was finally able to send a reset to the device and it started working.
Demi
join:2011-12-12
Mission, BC

Demi to ShawSean

to ShawSean
So we got a senior tech out here to find the aforementioned problem and he looked around the building and found out our node was fried... and laughed that nobody else out of the 6-7 techs that came out before him found that... So some things are going better now but I'm still having my router turn off. All of a sudden the US, DS, and online lights turn off all together then blink for a while and turn back on. My question is, what does that mean? How can it be fixed?
saberon6
join:2011-05-27

saberon6 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Merry Christmas Sean & All others

Thanks for BB100 + Best of HD, that's a good enough Christmas from Shaw =)

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Read right through those lines didn't ya ravenchilde.

Good news is (for me at least) today is my last day before holidays begin, so pretty excited there.

Hope everyone has a happy holidays! and I'll see ya in the New Year. I'll be checking here from time to time, but again, best way to contact me is via PM.

Cheers.
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde to ShawSean

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

The other guys on my team all got to start their holidays earlier than me .

What Sean means to say is that he's super excited that he gets to spend more time serving the wonderful people of DSLreports during this holiday season.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Hey guys,

Just a heads up i'll only be around in limited capacity today. The other guys on my team all got to start their holidays earlier than me .

PM would probably be the best way to connect today.

Cheers.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

1 edit

kevinds to adiabatic

Premium Member

to adiabatic
I think service changes via Online Customer Care has been removed completely, often it would make a big mess of accounts.

I remember adding TV channels before, if you had 2 of the Pick&Pay for example, and added 5 more, it wouldn't bundle 7, and other weird stuff like that.

In the past when I tried to add extra IP addresses, OCC charged for each one, regardless of what my plan provided for free.

Looks like it has been completely turned off now.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to adiabatic

to adiabatic
I would contact support and get it added to the account, just to make sure it's done correctly.

»shaw.ca

Cheers.
adiabatic
join:2009-01-24
Victoria, BC

adiabatic to ShawSean

to ShawSean
@ShawSean: I have BB100 which I believe has a 2nd IP address included. There used to be an option on the Shaw Customer account page to activate the 2nd IP. Is it automatic now (i.e., I just put my switch after the modem and I'm good to go without additional charges) or do I have to contact Customer Service to have it added to my account?

Spellbot5000
join:2011-06-09
Port Moody, BC

Spellbot5000 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

@Spellbot5000/keithington - I'll do my best to try and assist with your connection issues - please pm me your account details and the best time to reach you at.

Thanks for the offer. I'll see what the in-home guy says on wednesday, and if he can't solve it I'll get back to you.
Lesaonar
join:2000-07-25
Victoria, BC

Lesaonar to ShawSean

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

@Lesaonar - still haven't heard anything yet. just an fyi

No worries, I'm a pretty patient guy.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@Spellbot5000/keithington - I'll do my best to try and assist with your connection issues - please pm me your account details and the best time to reach you at.

@pkarlos_76 - The rep must have been misinformed. it's 2 free rentals with a value up to $11.99 (each)

@Kevinds - It's currently unavailable for accounts w/ business packaging. This is currently being reviewed however and is subject to change as the program matures. I'll make sure you let you know should/when this happens.

@Lesaonar - still haven't heard anything yet. just an fyi

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds to ShawSean

Premium Member

to ShawSean

Shaw Friends

Sean,

Would an Account Type 58 stop someone from being able to sign up for Shaw Friends?

The only 'feature' I'm really interested in are the VOD credits, and maybe the warranty extension.

When I click Join, sign into my Shaw account, it just shows the first page when signing in normally.

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to keithington

to keithington

Re: [ALL] Ask ShawSean

I would be extremely irate if a tech told me that tbh.
keithington
join:2011-12-17
Saskatoon, SK

keithington to Spellbot5000

to Spellbot5000
I really didnt think it was acceptable, but what else could i do if i phoned them and had someone look at it. I was going to give up till i found this forum by chance, hopefully ShawSean can help us with our problem.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the support person I talked to said I should be getting speeds around 60-80.