Search similar:

uniqs

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Re: [ALL] Ask ShawSean

Off for the weekend folks.

»shaw.ca/chat or @Shawhelp on Twitter are available if you require assistance.

Cheers.
ShawSean

ShawSean to ainrue

to ainrue
@ainrue - Sorry but I've got no updated information on your area. When I hear anything I'll be sure to update you via pm.
Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned) to ravenchilde

to ravenchilde
said by ravenchilde:

Can we see your results from speedtest.shaw.ca?

* I speaks english goods.

Ping 29ms
Download 128.61
upload 3.3
ainrue
join:2011-11-30
Vancouver, BC

ainrue to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Hi ShawSean,

Me again - UBC Location. Said you'd get back to me a while ago, just wondering if there's an ETA on 250 in the UBC (Vancouver) Area, or atleast an ETA as to when I can expect my 100mbit plan to operate at 100mbit speeds.

Thanks
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

1 edit

ravenchilde to Doonz

to Doonz
Can we see your results from speedtest.shaw.ca?

* I speaks english goods.

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Okay I have a beef with Shaw's use of flash on their websites, first off Flash is dead, even Adobe said as much in a recent press release and are moving to html5 in their product line. Please immediately implement a migration from flash policy and further implementation of flash use on your website. And most importantly get rid of flash use in your concierge chat so I can chat from my smartphone... Even Microsoft is dropping silverlight development for html5.
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned) to ravenchilde

to ravenchilde
Im happy all the speedtest sites are usualess
ravenchilde

ravenchilde to Doonz

to Doonz
said by Doonz:

Well after some playing around im able to get 29.8MB/s Down and 1.3 MB/s up on the new 250/15 package

Nevermind. MBytes. That's pretty good!

238.4 mbps down / 10.4 mbps up
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned) to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Well after some playing around im able to get 29.8MB/s Down and 1.3 MB/s up on the new 250/15 package

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to lisior

to lisior
@Pkarlos/Lesaonar - Looking into your inquiries. I'll try and get a response for you this afternoon.

@Lisior - I'm not sure as to why your speeds have decreased. I'd suggest maybe just putting the Cisco into bridged mode and using your D-link again?
lisior
Premium Member
join:2011-11-04
Calgary, AB

lisior to ShawSean

Premium Member

to ShawSean
Sean while I'm happy with my Cisco modem/router and BB50 I do have a question about the wireless performance via my PS3. No matter whether I use b/g mixed, g only or mixed settings, the speeds experienced by PS3 are just slightly over 4 megs at best whereas with my D-link DIR-628 and Extreme I was experiencing much higher speeds. I know that initially something wasn't set up right on your end as I had no wireless at all but a helpful CSR fixed it. Console is maybe 5 meters away from the router on the same level of the house. Any idea what might be causing these slow speeds? Thanks
Lesaonar
join:2000-07-25
Victoria, BC

Lesaonar to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Any chance of Shaw getting FX Canada, Sean?

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
When are we gonna get more IPHONE APPS for Shaw other then the very limited VOD App, is shaw at least working on something? Seems Shaw competitors are leading on this ie Rogers App to Watch shows on the Iphone, ie Rogers app to access the customer services such as account settings and billing?
tlcscousin
join:2008-09-19

tlcscousin to ShawSean

to ShawSean
speed test at 7:45 pm 11.85/0.41 which happens every night I lose at least half my download speed from about 7pm until about 11pm. When i was on the old 15/1 package i would see speeds of 3.1/.021

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to encircle

to encircle
@ peternm22 - instead of calling, just pm me if you have any further issues. I'll make sure things get taken care of.
encircle
join:2006-08-20

encircle to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Our business in Salmon Arm got migrated to the new network today, and nothing but problems.

We swapped out the old Terayon for the old Motorola a couple months ago to prepare for the switch over. This morning the internet connection was completed down. Tried power cycling the modem and that didn't help (the 'Online' light on the modem wouldn't go on).

Spent an hour on hold waiting for tech support, and they said to bring down the modem and they would try swapping it for another one (again). Did the swap, and it didn't fix the problem.

Went down to the office again (didn't want to wait on hold for an hour), and they had a tech contact us. Tech said they were having some issues with provisioning on the backend. Internet finally came online again at noon. It went down again for about 10 minutes at 2pm (online light on modem was off), came back on its own though.

Several people who came into our store today mentioned that their Shaw internet wasn't working today either.

Very frustrating, especially for a retail business this time of year. We're already quite busy and having to deal with this is a big pain.

Hopefully the connection will stay online now.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to tlcscousin

to tlcscousin
said by tlcscousin:

19.34/0.49
20.29/0.49
24.67/0.49
That is direct to modem nothing running to impact speeds. Modem was rebooted when pc was connected direct before starting tests.

Could you pm me either the ph# on your account or the account #? i'd like to take a look.

Cheers.
tlcscousin

tlcscousin

Had to call support my voip phone quit working and apparently they are working on the DAC
tlcscousin

tlcscousin to ShawSean

to ShawSean
19.34/0.49
20.29/0.49
24.67/0.49
That is direct to modem nothing running to impact speeds. Modem was rebooted when pc was connected direct before starting tests.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to tlcscousin

to tlcscousin
@tlcscousin - Are you directly connected to the modem? if so could you run a few more test at speedtest.net and post your results?

Are any other programs running while you're running the tests?

Thanks.
ShawSean

ShawSean to lisior

to lisior
@lisior - I believe it was 2-3 weeks to migrate most existing users that opted in. That would be my best guestimate right now.

@Doonz - having fun downloading the internet?
tlcscousin

tlcscousin to ShawSean

to ShawSean
We were switched to Shaw network last night at midnight in Salmon Arm. Other than having to reboot modem this morning to get an IP from Shaw all went great.
Because i was set to extreme i get the Shaw extreme (25/2.5)
Speed tests show 16.44/0.4
Download is better than it was not full speed for sure but uploads really suck.
I have re run the speedtest on several different sites and they all average about the same for uploads, one showed me getting 23 down which is great but none show me even getting a half Mbps up.
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned)

Hitting 200 + now. Wow this connection is fast
Doonz

to ShawSean
Hmm

145mbit/s ... Gonna work on this for awhile
lisior
Premium Member
join:2011-11-04
Calgary, AB

lisior to ShawSean

Premium Member

to ShawSean
Sean, how will I know that my Webmail finally got upgraded to 2.0? I keep checking it every few days and it still looks like it always did - thought I was supposed to see a different interface? Other than you guys having a backlog, any idea how long one will need to wait from the time the upgrade was requested? Thanks
ravenchilde

ravenchilde to Doonz

to Doonz
said by Doonz:

said by ShawSean:

Canada Post.

Thanx On the Ball as always. Will be posting my speedtest once i get it... 30MB/s mmmmmmmmmm

Just to put an exclamation point on that, the Drobo storage devices typically only write at like 12-18 MBytes/sec.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to sergers

to sergers
said by sergers :

said by ShawSean:

@sergers - were you able to get assistance from the folks at @shawhelp? If not pm me.

hey shawn, twitter support @shawhelp helped me out with this issue as always.

Good to hear, @shawhelp get'in er done as usual.

sergers
@mckesson.com

sergers to ShawSean

Anon

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

@sergers - were you able to get assistance from the folks at @shawhelp? If not pm me.

hey shawn, twitter support @shawhelp helped me out with this issue as always.
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

to ShawSean
said by ShawSean:

Canada Post.

Thanx On the Ball as always. Will be posting my speedtest once i get it... 30MB/s mmmmmmmmmm

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to Doonz

to Doonz
Canada Post.