normal
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 25 · 26 · 27 · 28 · 29 · 30 · 31 · next

bisk

join:2002-06-15
Binbrook, ON
reply to Emko

Re: When will it get fixed?

Shaw_Alex,
I'm in Binrbook, Ontario and I'm experiencing extremely slow speeds with my internet. There's times during the weekend or in the evening when it's practically unusable. This has been going on for a number of weeks and I'd like to know what Shaw's doing to resolve this issue? You can PM me for my account details or contact info.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1
Sure thing.

glombica

join:2011-10-16
t6t0n3
reply to ShawSean

Re: [ALL] Ask a Shaw Rep

hello I used to be with shaw but because the node in my area was saturated I could barely get half the speed I was paying for I switched to shaw. now i'm having an issue with a iptv service i'm subscribing to and in testing the connection on a friend's shaw connecting I don't have that issue.

So i'm weighing my options on whether to come back to shaw.
Can someone tell me what the saturation is like in tamarack in southeast Edmonton?

Also, Is shaw ever going to join the open connect network?? its free isn't it?

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
The Open Connect is interesting, it is free, but not free.

There is a good discussion about it here »Shaw no support new Super HD from Netflix, boo!

Weighing your options, get both installed and try/use both for a couple weeks in your home.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Dazog

join:2013-02-24
Saskatoon, SK
reply to ShawSean
So I see a price increase for my 100 Mbps plan from 80.00 a month to 85.00 a month starting in april.

So I ask what am I getting for my 5 bucks?

More Bandwidth. Nope
More Download. Nope
Promised 10 Mbps Upload from years back. Nope

I have been with shaw for at least 12 years.

This is sickening.

Skud

join:2002-04-22
Canada
reply to ShawSean
I'm in Swift Current, SK and we recently have been offered up to 100Mb.

I host DR sites for a number of companies and, as a result, my network usage is consistently between 1 and 3 TB per month. Currently, I'm on the Sasktel High Speed Ultra which is unlimited 25Mbps.

I see residential services are able to get the Unlimited 100 package, but there is no unlimited package for business, only one with a 1 TB limit. I need a static IP, which I don't believe is offered with a residential package.

Do you know if/when an unlimited business package will be offered?

Thanks!!
Riley

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·Shaw
Can get both, cheaper business package to get the static IP, and then the unlimited residental.

I haven't heard of any business accounts being bothered by going over the 1TB mark either though.
--

Skud

join:2002-04-22
Canada
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I understand how that would work if I were to get both? How would I end up with the static IP on the residential unlimited connection?

I talked with a Shaw business rep today and was told that if I were to go over the 1TB mark I would receive a few warnings before having my service disconnected.

Thanks!!
Riley

join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC
reply to ShawSean
ok here is my question, im on bb50 but bb100 is available to me, however i dont wish to pay more for the service or need those download speeds, what i do need is upload, is it possible my upload be bumped upto the 5mbps of the b100 plan while i stay on the bb50?

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB
Some places you can get 5 upload on BB50, but I'm not sure what the conditions are, or what magic has to happen to the account.
--

Mayhem

join:2012-02-26
Salmon Arm, BC
reply to ShawSean
Hi Alex,

Are you aware of any server upgrades or maintenance in the Salmon Arm area?

In the last 5 days or so, at random times I will get severe internet lag for 5-30mins (sometimes longer). I've also lost internet completely for an ~hour at a time the past couple nights.

As of right now, webpages take 20 seconds before anything shows up - when usually it's quite instant. I'm on the BB100 plan.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Whistler, BC
reply to kevinds
how do u know this, i posted in this thread cause i was looking for a 100% accurate answer from a rep and when i called yesterday they tried to make my think it wasnt possible, even tho i kno that 5 up is available to me because the bb100 is available in my area

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·Shaw
Experience, I know different people who have BB50, some have 5 up some have 3 up.

I don't know why it happens.

Business 50 has 5 up everywhere though (if you have TV service with residental BB50, the price isn't much different and sometimes cheaper)
--
Expand your moderator at work

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

reply to Mayhem

Re: [ALL] Ask a Shaw Rep

Hi Mayhem,

What sort of results do you get when you run a speed test?
Run a test at speedtest.shaw.ca and post your results.

Since it's intermittent, run a test when the problem is occurring, and when it seems okay.

If you lose internet connection, check the "Online" light on your modem. If it's not online, then it is something on our end.

I'm not familiar with anything going on in Salmon Arm, but if you send me a private message with your account number or street address, I can check it out.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

reply to 18286719
If you send me a message with your account number and address; I can take a look at your modem and see what package you are on, and what upload speeds are available for you.

It really depends on the area, and if a DNU upgrade has taken place.

Cheers.

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·Shaw
But places where the DNU hasn't happened yet, have 5 upload.

And the upload speed, isn't affected by DNU (to the best of my knowledge - looking for any information I can use to correct myself), modems stop at 108 MHz for transmitting, the DNU analog stations are much higher than that.
--

Whistler, BC
thank you for these facts kevinds i appreciate it

Mayhem

join:2012-02-26
Salmon Arm, BC
reply to Shaw_Alex
Hi Alex,

Sorry I forgot to edit my post. I called tech support and they said there is an issue with my cable line (signal levels are all over the place).

They have someone coming here tomorrow to fix the issue.

Thanks!

AnotherOne

@shawcable.net
reply to ShawSean
Telus and Rogers provide IMAP for email, why don't you???

shawuser

join:2010-10-15
Vancouver, BC
reply to ShawSean
Click for full size
After upgrading from BB50 to BB100, latency has become terrible. Packet loss even pinging to my first hop default gateway.

stolen

join:2004-04-12
Calgary, AB
kudos:2
What is the configuration on Fa0/0?

Also, don't expect reaching the full 100mb/s when you only have a 100mb/s port on your router connecting to the modem. (But you still shouldn't see this kind of latency/packetloss, unless you were doing a transfer at the same time).

shawuser

Vancouver, BC

1 edit
Click for full size
There's nothing on that interface, no nat, nothing. Just router connected to the WAN. Trace from home to work and work to home attached.

Whistler, BC
reply to kevinds
well at first shaw told me it was impossible due to billing code, now im finding numerous users who were advertised incorrect upload speeds due to there area being upgraded for the phase 2 DNU upgrade, who's upgraded areas have not been activated on phase 2 yet, tho they are capable of it, this proves that shaw can change the billing code cause they weant in and changed upload to people who were suppost to be getting 3 (they were advertised 5, but the upgrade hasnt even been switched on), since the bb100 is available in my area, i dont know why i cant receive this upload bumpup on my account aswell

stolen

Calgary, AB
reply to shawuser
So the router isn't doing NAT? why is it there?

shawuser

Vancouver, BC
To see if the problem was with my primary gateway or something on Shaw's end...

ddonais

join:2013-03-19
Dryden, ON
reply to ShawSean
I was wondering if you could tell me if Shaw has any plans to expand their area in Dryden Ontario in the near future. I live about 1-2km outside of the Shaw area right now But I would love to get shaw if and when it is available for me.

stolen

Calgary, AB
reply to shawuser
can you also do a "sho int fa 0/0" to see what it negotiated to?

Prowulf

join:2009-08-25
Vancouver, BC
reply to ShawSean
I got a quick question if a Shaw rep has some info on this... my brother has internet with Telus and apparently he was offered a 1 yr promo for Internet 10 and TV for 30/mo? Is this a legit promo? Not sure if it's a special outbound sales department or just Shaw trying to get Telus business. My brother was interested but just wanted to check here first before we call back in. Thanks!

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·Shaw
Looking at the current promos, and prices, that promo is more agressive then i have seen recently, but probably is legit.

Hopefully Shaw_Alex can answer officially though.
--
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 25 · 26 · 27 · 28 · 29 · 30 · 31 · next