how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ISurfTooMuch

join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

Greed

Let's boil this down. What Moffett is saying is that people are cutting their TV expenditures because they see that as discretionary spending. So he's saying that the cable companies need to raise Internet prices, which people are more likely to see as something they have to pay for.

So, basically, this is just a way to get the same amount of cash out of people, just in a way that's harder for them to avoid paying.

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2
Except what they will really do is raise the prices of internet and continue to raise the prices of TV. Nobody really expects them to actually lower any prices right? You're kidding yourself if you expect that.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
when the MSOs raise one they generally don't raise the other. And actually HSI prices generally don't get raised. TV only gets raised.

ISurfTooMuch

Tuscaloosa, AL
reply to thegeek
Oh, I don't expect them to lower them. I think the idea is to make up for the lost revenue from people dropping TV by raising rates on people getting Internet.

ISurfTooMuch

Tuscaloosa, AL
reply to hottboiinnc
Agreed, but I think that's going to change. If cable revenues start to drop off, investors are going to demand that the companies increase revenue somewhere else, and the only place that can happen is with Internet access.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to ISurfTooMuch
Many have been suggesting for a while now that these companies aren't going to take revenue hits. All those "cord cutters" better enjoy it while they can

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
reply to ISurfTooMuch
Actually if they lowered the price to an affordable level not filled with restrictions people may come back there for increasing revenue.Right now its a ARPU.They dont care about the $30 a month guy just the $100 guy.3 or 4 $30 dollar guys can bring in revenue if ya dont tell to fuck themselves like they do.

Geez $30 who pays that?? Out in CA everybody pays around $100 usually more. I gotta get off the treadmill sooner that later, myself