how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

axiomatic

join:2006-08-23
Tomball, TX

D-Day

Comcast is the only ISP I can get in my neighborhood. I have to stick with whatever price they offer me and I assure you I am being reamed in the pooper right now. I do the Triple-Play and my bill is consistently $275/mo.

My family is in the group that can't sustain this anymore either. We are very close to dropping all but the internet connection.

Ooma is looking pretty sweet right now too for the VOIP and I have a perfectly working powered OTA antenna on my roof.

Comcast, if you are going to keep me as a Triple-Play customer I would get to this purported D-Day post haste.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

I pay $59.95 per month for Comcast HSI business in Connecticut. This includes basic cable at no cost. My speed is 12 down and 6 MB up. I have 4 active Ooma Core VOIP systems, and 2 active Google Voice VOIP systems.

We use Netflix, cloud backup, play World of Warcraft and other online games. We download movies and shows onto our DirecTV DVR's. Monthly data use is between 200 and 300 GB.

There is no sales tax, and no other charge for Comcast. I am considering a Silicondust box to see how it'd work with our PC's.

$0 for phone, $120 for DirecTV with 4 active HD DVR's, $60 for Comcast Business internet, $9 for Netflix.

I think anyone can get free calling with Google Voice and an ObiTalk ATA. Porting a number to Google costs $20 and is a one time fee.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

you fail to mention that Google has hinted and hinted that Voice is only free until the end of the year- At that point- they can also charge a monthly fee. And for what? a service that has no actual customer service.

Expand your moderator at work

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to axiomatic

Re: D-Day

said by axiomatic:

Comcast is the only ISP I can get in my neighborhood. I have to stick with whatever price they offer me and I assure you I am being reamed in the pooper right now. I do the Triple-Play and my bill is consistently $275/mo.

My family is in the group that can't sustain this anymore either. We are very close to dropping all but the internet connection.

Ooma is looking pretty sweet right now too for the VOIP and I have a perfectly working powered OTA antenna on my roof.

Comcast, if you are going to keep me as a Triple-Play customer I would get to this purported D-Day post haste.

How are you paying $275? Even separately it wouldn't be that high. I'd drop TV before I'd drop internet.

jseymour

join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI
reply to axiomatic

said by axiomatic:

I do the Triple-Play and my bill is consistently $275/mo.

I've never been able to understand how people justify that kind of money for those services.

Cable Internet (and it's business HSI) + telephone + TV (OTA, the occasional rental, and Netflix and Hulu Plus streaming subscriptions) + cell phones cost us no more than about $180/mo., and we already think that's too much!

We don't find Hulu Plus very useful. We'll probably drop it.

Jim

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to hottboiinnc

said by hottboiinnc:

you fail to mention that Google has hinted and hinted that Voice is only free until the end of the year- At that point- they can also charge a monthly fee. And for what? a service that has no actual customer service.

Completing phone calls? Hosting a phone number? Forwarding calls? Taking voicemail? Transcribing voice mail or calls?? Assuming Google doesn't extend the free period, and doesn't keep extending the free period.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK
reply to axiomatic

Wow.
$275/month is my gas,elec,water,sewage,unlimited iPhone and iPad,Netflix,Hulu,Vudu,and one month of gas for my car and change.

I get basic cable with my condo. I think I watched about 3 hours of tv in the past 4 weeks.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to axiomatic

said by axiomatic:

$275 a month!! Holy sheep s**t!!

You must have the highest package on everything under the sun, huh?

My internet, tv and phone add up to about $129!! That's using Charter expanded basic tv, 12/1 internet and unlimited Vonage phone. No specials on either of the Charter services either as I despise having to call them to negotiate those "deals"

Wouldn't have tv at all, if it wasn't for the wife as there's usually nothing on that interests me.

Yeah,
I know about caps on internet so some people THINK they have to have the maximum plan there, but that's another area that is easily reduced without making any killer sacrifices.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/