Search similar:

uniqs

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker

Premium Member

I don't think so.

We live in a country where people will gladly pay 150 dollars a month for a phone bill.

Whats a 100+ dollar cable bill to them?
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by DataRiker:

We live in a country where people will gladly pay 150 dollars a month for a phone bill.

cable all you can do is watch TV at home. Phone you can do more than just talk and it's portable. Also TV content can get gotten for less legally or even free illegally. You can't do something similar with cell phone service.

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker

Premium Member

I agree.

But, I've noticed people my age generally don't save money, so every month they are happy with spending half of their income on phone+ tv + whatever.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to DataRiker

MVM

to DataRiker
said by DataRiker:

I pay ~130 or so for my family cell phone bill. And we have a $110 Comcast Preferred Plus + Starz + HBO + Phone + 20mbit internet plan.

After dinner last night I turned the TV on. Flipped through all the channels. Twice. Couldn't find a single damn thing on that was worth watching.

I've started to question whether a $100+ cable bill is really worth it. Unfortunately though the internet-only option is only slightly less for similar speeds.

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi to DataRiker

to DataRiker
said by DataRiker:

I agree.

But, I've noticed people my age generally don't save money, so every month they are happy with spending half of their income on phone+ tv + whatever.

True I can't believe people who hook up their whole family with smart phones. You're talking a car payment for that.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by Corehhi:

said by DataRiker:

I agree.

True I can't believe people who hook up their whole family with smart phones. You're talking a car payment for that.

Getting to the point where all you can get is smartphone( and the mandatory data plan ). Cell companies have you by the balls.

Anyways my son just turn 16 and if he wants a smarthpone he can get a J O B and start paying his part of the cell phone bill.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

said by DataRiker:

cable all you can do is watch TV at home. Phone you can do more than just talk and it's portable. Also TV content can get gotten for less legally or even free illegally. You can't do something similar with cell phone service.

Sure you can. Get an iPod Touch, deactivated iPhone or Android phone, install the Skype app and find an open wifi spot. Granted it would only be free Skype to Skype, but it still is a work around.

Anyhow, my cable bill actually went DOWN $17. And that's with the same level of services and not threatening to cancel anything. Time Warner just started offering a version of Signature Home with all the premium movie packages (sans Starz) for $230, which is an about $17 savings over having each one separately.

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker

Premium Member

230 for TV ?

Yikes!
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

Actually its closer to $265 after you add in the extras I have that arn't included in Signature Home Premium View. Plus I subscribe to NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings when those are in season, But those prices include 50Mb Broadband and digital phone service.