spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TexDude
@verizon.net

TexDude

Anon

Verizon FIOS vs Earthlink

Unfortunately, lost my job and now need to cut expenses. Currently signed up on FIOS 15/5 plan and they are charging me $55 month. I stream maybe 4 movies a month via Roku and don't do much anything else besides general internet browsing. Wanted to know if anyone could advise me about Earthlink High Speed 7/1 service? They are currently running a special for $30 month x 6 months.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

said by TexDude :

Wanted to know if anyone could advise me about Earthlink High Speed 7/1 service? They are currently running a special for $30 month x 6 months.

Perhaps you should be asking in »Earthlink DSL

Texdude
@verizon.net

Texdude

Anon

Thanks, didn't know if cross posting was allowed or if I should post in Earthlink first but to clarify I thought maybe someone here had downgraded from FIOS to Earthlink and could tell me about their experience.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to TexDude

Mod

to TexDude
Let's get this moved over to our Earthlink DSL forum for some help with this.

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

whfsdude to TexDude

Premium Member

to TexDude
Are you talking about cable because as far as I know Earthlink does not offer a 7/1 tier.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange

Premium Member

That's the 'DSL and Home Phone' service.

»www.earthlink.net/access ··· ce.faces

Texdude
@verizon.net

Texdude to TexDude

Anon

to TexDude
Click for full size
Earthlink Services
It is cable service provided probably via Roadrunner.
Here is a snapshot of the services in my area.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange

Premium Member

True. 7/1 is cable. The DSL/home phone bundle is supposed to be 8/1.
pimpinparker
join:2005-06-14
North Baltimore, OH

pimpinparker to Texdude

to Texdude
My area says that the middle option is also 7/1 but it's actually 10/1 now so I assume that it's probably the same for your area too. It's been 10/1 for quite awhile now.

DaveRickmers
join:2011-07-19
Canyon Country, CA

DaveRickmers to TexDude

to TexDude
I have the Earthlink Cable 10/1 deal and a Roku. I will be dropping Time Warner cable Broadcast Basic after the Superbowl (in case they actually disconnect anything, which they probably won't). No OTA here. None.

I have a twisted pair telephone on measured service that I may drop completely, it goes out every time it rains. No fiber within 15 miles.

TexDude
@verizon.net

TexDude

Anon

@DaveRickmers and @pimpinparker, guess you guys are ok with your service? I haven't switched over yet and most of my activity is just basic browsing with about one movie/week streaming. I'm hopeful this would be a temporary situation where I can save some money for 6 months then switch back to FIOS when I get a job.
TOMMAX
join:2011-05-28
Los Angeles, CA

TOMMAX to TexDude

to TexDude
Hello TexDude,
7/1 its so stable and good for everything video streaming .......
i had it for almost a year. good choice .

DaveRickmers
join:2011-07-19
Canyon Country, CA

DaveRickmers to TexDude

to TexDude
It's great so far. I have Time Warner TV (same infrastructure) and it's very reliable. Roadrunner pushes ads at you, Earthlink doesn't.