Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

1 recommendation

N3OGH

Premium Member

Some people simply do without.

I go to maybe 2 movies a year in the theater, if that. Anything that's out new I can wait for.

I usually look through the free on demand movies offered by my cable provider first, and then I check my own (rather small, but respectable) collection of DVD's.

If I can't find anything worth watching there, I can usually just watch something on non network TV.

And there's always Redbox.

Netflix clearly screwed up the timing & execution of their rate hike. A million people hitting the road is no small blip.

A lot of people are strapped for cash. Used to be people would suck up rate hikes for stuff like Netflix, Sirius XM, and cable.

Those days are long gone, and people are looking at that extra $10 to $18 a month for various services as groceries they can buy, or money for pet food, etc.

Netflix is hitting the road long before fluffy is....

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
join:2001-08-28
Erie, CO

MTBikerChris to cooperaaaron

Premium Member

to cooperaaaron
I did the same, When i got that Email i X my Acct that day.. I now use blockbuster Xpress for the few movies i rent a month!!!
mdlund0
join:2011-08-02
Lawrence, KS

mdlund0 to cooperaaaron

to cooperaaaron
Some people cancelled their subscription the day the price hike was announced. Others, like me, went ahead and kept the service until the price hike actually went into effect. That still hasn't happened for me (first billing cycle after Sept. 1st coming soon...). I think there will be a good deal more bleeding when everyone has a look at this month's bill. I know I'll be at least reducing service to keep the cost the same or lower.

Rambo76098
join:2003-02-21
Columbus, OH

Rambo76098 to PToN

to PToN
Not everyone needs movies or TV. I cut the cord on cable and found so many better things to be doing than sitting around at home not being productive.