uniqs
PDXPLT
join:2003-12-04
Banks, OR

PDXPLT to heat84

to heat84

Re: They didn't lose me

said by heat84:

You forgot Bit Torrent. Not only is it free, but you can probably find any movie every made with little effort.

Yea, if you don't mind living with the possibility of getting a letter in the mail demanding thousands of dollars, or getting hit with a lawsuit for even more.

Don't do the crime unless you're prepared to pay the dime...

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi

said by PDXPLT:

said by heat84:

You forgot Bit Torrent. Not only is it free, but you can probably find any movie every made with little effort.

Yea, if you don't mind living with the possibility of getting a letter in the mail demanding thousands of dollars, or getting hit with a lawsuit for even more.

My ISP is Linksys, good luck with that letter. Hope someone around here would bump their speed up it's annoying when they only have 3 -5 megs down.

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL

Oh_No to PDXPLT

to PDXPLT
said by PDXPLT:

said by heat84:

Crime? nothing is stolen. LOL.
Content providers need to find other ways to collect money than just movie, dvd, cable subs, and advertisements.

Buying a DVD involves extra costs I do not want to pay for like manufacturing DVDs, pressing them, packaging, shipping/distribution, warehousing, retail markup etc + the time to rip it after buying.
If the studios do not want to sell non-drm downloads directly then that is their loss.
When you give the customer what they want you get money in return. Whatever they do it needs to be as easy as downloading a torrent.

These guys have been making a good tv show all through donations and no advertising. »www.pioneerone.tv/

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

said by Oh_No:

Crime? nothing is stolen. LOL.

True, violating copyright isn't stealing, but it is a crime. There's plenty of ways to break the law without theft of material goods.

heat84
DSLR Influencer
join:2004-03-11
Delray Beach, FL

heat84 to PDXPLT

to PDXPLT
I've gotten lots of letters, but they've never actually come after me. I rarely download movies anymore anyway. Its mostly TV episodes that I download.