Premium Member
join:2009-09-29
united state

Cake09 to Evil Furby

Premium Member

to Evil Furby

Re: Newbie to Overclocking....

I am SUPER new myself.

I have an OEM 2600K that was supposed to be factory overclocked to 4.1, however it is not. The company basically told me to "google it."

But here is the issue, I read the guide here and it seems mine will only go to 39 (3.9) with the factory bios.

I just game and fraps, so if I can't change it past 3.9....I don't think it would really matter. (though I still intend to address it with the company)

But I want to at least have a little clue before I call them again on what my options may be on my end...

Airwolf
Premium Member
join:2001-10-30
Windsor, ON

Airwolf

Premium Member

I have not heard a factory overclocked CPUs nor seen this in practice.
Essentially, you'd be getting a faster clocked CPU, not necessarily overclocked.

If you purchased a pre-built computer that's supposed to be overclocked if that's what you paid for, then I'd keep bugging them until you get what you paid for.

Otherwise, the CPU has a unlocked multiplier to tinker with.

lazynamehere
@optonline.net

1 edit

lazynamehere to Cake09

Anon

to Cake09

Companies will offer factory overclocked CPU's... why not? I think dell (not alienware but maybe it was them, ya still a dell but I meant the name) had factory OC systems being sold... you look at anyone like ibuypower etc they all offer it...

Airwolf
Premium Member
join:2001-10-30
Windsor, ON

Airwolf

Premium Member

said by lazynamehere :

Companies will offer factory overclocked CPU's... why not? I think dell (not alienware but maybe it was them, ya still a dell but I meant the name) had factory OC systems being sold... you look at anyone like ibuypower etc they all offer it...

Obviously, but the poster said CPU. Were they referring to a whole computer? I don't know. If it was, then yes you can buy them already overclocked as I stated above.
Expand your moderator at work