spc
Search similar:

uniqs
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned) to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15

Re: Facebook now wants your personal phone number....

i have a question how come when you block facebook.com this website goes crazy wierd with lag an stops responding an craps out ?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

said by 91862239:

i have a question how come when you block facebook.com this website goes crazy wierd with lag an stops responding an craps out ?

What website? You mean dslr? If so, I have facebook.com blocked in my hosts file. This site is unaffected by that.
91862239 (banned)
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned)

ya must have been something else then

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

now, try blocking the google trackers and see what happens
91862239 (banned)
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned)

i rember a while ago i blocked something from google a n youtube videos wouldnt play and the whole internet was slow and messed up

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by 91862239:

i rember a while ago i blocked something from google a n youtube videos wouldnt play and the whole internet was slow and messed up

Exactly what did you block, and what method of blocking was used? Blocking 'something from google' is a rather vague statement to say the least.

I have just about every tracking domain used by Google blocked at my perimeter firewall, and I also use NoScript which will automatically block googleapis.com for every site unless I temporarily enable it for the rare web site that might need it. My experience is that doing this speeds up my internet access for most web sites, rather than slowing it down (the sites that aren't accelerated are the ones that don't use Google functions to begin with).

My guess would be that you have no idea what you did, and Google is just a good fall guy to blame for your own mistake, just as you tried to blame Facebook for slow access on this site.

honorable1nu
@charter.com

honorable1nu

Anon

said by NetFixer:

said by 91862239:

Exactly what did you block, and what method of blocking was used? Blocking 'something from google' is a rather vague statement to say the least.

I have just about every tracking domain used by Google blocked at my perimeter firewall, and I also use NoScript which will automatically block googleapis.com for every site unless I temporarily enable it for the rare web site that might need it. My experience is that doing this speeds up my internet access for most web sites, rather than slowing it down (the sites that aren't accelerated are the ones that don't use Google functions to begin with).

My guess would be that you have no idea what you did, and Google is just a good fall guy to blame for your own mistake, just as you tried to blame Facebook for slow access on this site.

same here. i block aything and everything ever thought of by that stupid google and nothing is slowed down here.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium Member
join:2007-08-13
Philippines

chrisretusn to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
said by AVD:

now, try blocking the google trackers and see what happens

Nothing happens.

FACEBOOK SUX
@comcast.net

FACEBOOK SUX to KoRnGtL15

Anon

to KoRnGtL15
Yo, it happened to me! now i cant go into my Facebook any more is there any thing i can do?

DaMan666
Premium Member
join:2004-09-17
Minneapolis, MN

DaMan666

Premium Member

nope. But what do you care?

Razzy12345
@rr.com

Razzy12345 to FACEBOOK SUX

Anon

to FACEBOOK SUX
Hello?

Just verify?

Are you there?

/shrug

DaMan666
Premium Member
join:2004-09-17
Minneapolis, MN

DaMan666

Premium Member

I am here>

cass29
@duo-county.com

cass29 to KoRnGtL15

Anon

to KoRnGtL15
I need help i have a security check page come up .FB wants to send a code to me but they keep sending it to my old number i cant log in without the code....how do i change my number?

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15
Multi-Factor Authentication.

Google does this too as I am sure others do as well.

It's not forced so far for me.

Dave

goalieskates
Premium Member
join:2004-09-12
land of big

goalieskates to KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

to KoRnGtL15
Obviously Facebook is selective (or ineffective) with their policies. Found this tidbit in an article about the Montreal murderer who dismembered his victim and mailed parts to various agencies:
quote:
As they unraveled his background, police discovered that Magnotta changed his name from Eric Clinton Newman in 2006 and that he was born in Scarborough, Ontario. He is also known as Vladimir Romanov. Police said he has 70 Facebook accounts under different names.
From Canada police confirm match with body parts sent to Vancouver schools (Fox)

If they're on top of things, how is this possible?