spc
uniqs

Celery
join:2004-01-19
St Catharines, ON

Celery to FiagaraNalls

to FiagaraNalls

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

I'll be switching over to Iktel as soon as I can leave Cogeco (Just a bit over 30 days from now). I got fed up with Cogeco's price gouging finally (Am I a masochist? Probably!). In October my price goes up by $4 a month to $60.95.

I called Cogeco, they offered me $5 off for a year. Spoke to Iktel, I can get the same speed of 14Mbps for $35 a month. That's almost half of what Cogeco offers!

I don't know why I waited so long to realize this...
iamdrumming
join:2003-06-08
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming

My activation date is on the 30th with ikTel. I signed up for the 14/1 package. We'll see how it goes. It was nice to meet the owner Allan though. They just need signs for their shop. I had to call the toll-free number to find out exactly which door was theirs

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Alan is great. A real good guy.
eotsuka
join:2005-08-15

eotsuka to iamdrumming

to iamdrumming
My install date is on the 26th. Let's see how it goes.
flipper4
join:2011-09-02
Niagara On The Lake, ON

flipper4

Got the phone running yesterday. Does anyone here have issues while dialing out? Usually takes around 10secs before the call goes through and starts ringing. Looks like changing the interdigit long timer may resolve this? But I can't login as Admin as looks like it's password protected. Thanks.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

Probably a dialing plan issue..

Change the Dial Plan to this (Note: replace "555" with your area code):

(911S0|<:1555>[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|*xx|*xx.|[3468]11|822|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|4xxx|**275x.|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

I got this info from the voip.ms wiki:
»wiki.voip.ms/article/Cis ··· ys_PAP2T

I'm not sure what ATA you're using.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

I'd be very careful with that dialing plan since it allows for seven-digit dialing. With two area codes and a third on the way, it may end up causing confusion.
flipper4
Niagara On The Lake, ON

flipper4 to silvercat

to silvercat
I have the PAP2T-NA. I guess I have to find out the admin password to make these changes.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by flipper4:

I have the PAP2T-NA. I guess I have to find out the admin password to make these changes.

If it's unlocked it should just be the default admin password.
flipper4
Niagara On The Lake, ON

flipper4

I tried it..didn't work.
flipper4

flipper4

Got an email from allan. They won't give me the password...have to bring my ATA so he can make the changes.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

So the ATA is locked. Hopefully you didn't pay too much money for it, hehe.