Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Waldothe3rd
Premium
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand

Grocer's Union Strike Averted

I for one am glad that the Grocer's Union has reached an agreement for their sake. When an area has 20% unemployment, it is not a good time for a strike to be called.

Folks still remember the strike from 3 years ago and that was kinda ugly. I fear this one could have been worse...

yj4x4
Still in love with Obama?
Premium
join:2002-09-18
Whittier, CA

said by Waldothe3rd:

I for one am glad that the Grocer's Union has reached an agreement for their sake. When an area has 20% unemployment, it is not a good time for a strike to be called.

Folks still remember the strike from 3 years ago and that was kinda ugly. I fear this one could have been worse...

Tell me about it. My wife was locked out and had to spend 48hrs a week on the picket line for her $100.00 a week "benefits", (while her local president was pulling down a 100k + salary), then after she went back to work, the union promptly raised her dues, AND we had to pay back the money she got.
--
Increasing my Carbon Footprint, "One Day At A Time"
Proud NRA Life Member
Whittier Weather
My Flickr Page

brian
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Lake Forest, CA

I lost my respect for the union (not it's members) during the last strike/lockout. They hired people to go into the Ralphs I shopped at and fill carts with merchandise then get into open checkout lines. Once they were at the front of the line and had items on the checkout conveyor, they all walked out saying very derogatory things directed at the replacement workers. Leaving people like me to help at least get the checkout lines cleared.

I say the union hired these people because none of them I recognized as being regular workers at that store, and I could never see the regular workers I knew doing something like that.

yj4x4 See Profile, does your wife still work for one of the big three?
--
flickr gallery | photo blog (rarely updated) | play mafia!

yj4x4
Still in love with Obama?
Premium
join:2002-09-18
Whittier, CA

said by brian:

yj4x4 See Profile, does your wife still work for one of the big three?

Yeah, she works for Albertsons and has been a real bitch the last few weeks worrying about there being a strike. Now maybe she'll go back to being her sweet self.
--
Increasing my Carbon Footprint, "One Day At A Time"
Proud NRA Life Member
Whittier Weather
My Flickr Page