uniqs

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to jguy_ca

to jguy_ca

Re: [Cable] Manual firmware update on Motorola SB6121

The hardware itself in the 6121 is more stable and they're better at dealing with upstream channel bonding than the 6120's. But there won't be any updates until there's a need for an update to be pushed. If the 6121's are stable, and there's no need then they won't push anything out the door.

Besides there's a good reason why you can't grab updates and randomly apply them. You can cause network issues.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

said by Mashiki:

The hardware itself in the 6121 is more stable and they're better at dealing with upstream channel bonding than the 6120's. But there won't be any updates until there's a need for an update to be pushed. If the 6121's are stable, and there's no need then they won't push anything out the door.

Besides there's a good reason why you can't grab updates and randomly apply them. You can cause network issues.

Wait so the SB6120 aren't good with upstream channel bonding? I'm going to get a SB6120 for $90 this weekend, but if it's not good, then I'll consider spending a bit more and get the SB6121 or the DCM 475.
Liquidforce
join:2009-04-07
canada

Liquidforce

Seems that you can't get the SB modems from Teksavvy anymore... only the Thomsons... is this correct?

If so, looks like I need to get one outside of Teksavvy...

Is there any real benefit going to the SB6121 modem over the DCM475?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by Liquidforce:

Seems that you can't get the SB modems from Teksavvy anymore... only the Thomsons... is this correct?

Yeah, They got the SB6120's at TigerDirect.ca via online orders: »www.tigerdirect.ca/appli ··· atId=160 Got mine at TigerDirect

and if you want the SB6121's go to Canada Computers : »www.canadacomputers.com/ ··· d=040475

Good luck
Liquidforce
join:2009-04-07
canada

Liquidforce

said by TwiztedZero:

said by Liquidforce:

Yeah, They got the SB6120's at TigerDirect.ca via online orders: »www.tigerdirect.ca/appli ··· atId=160 Got mine at TigerDirect

and if you want the SB6121's go to Canada Computers : »www.canadacomputers.com/ ··· d=040475

Good luck

Thanks! That's my plan so far... hopefully it'll be quick...
Liquidforce

Liquidforce to TwiztedZero

to TwiztedZero
I wonder if I should go with the 6121 over the 6120... some people say the hardware is more stable??
Sanek
join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON

Sanek

said by Liquidforce:

I wonder if I should go with the 6121 over the 6120... some people say the hardware is more stable??

I believe the only difference is the addition of a few additional filters. Don't have any more info on that though.
xantius
join:2006-11-16
Kitchener, ON

xantius

FYI

MOTOROLA SB6121 @ Newegg.ca for 89.99
»www.newegg.ca/Product/Pr ··· 25122015