spc
Search similar:

uniqs
qworster
join:2001-11-25
Bryn Mawr, PA

qworster

Mr K you are WRONG!

Broadband is NOT a luxury! Today you need it to apply for jobs, to pay your bills-and kids need it to do their schoolwork.

Why don't YOU try going a month without it?

I'll give odds you are a republican.....
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

Re: Mr K you are WRONG!

said by qworster:

Broadband is NOT a luxury! Today you need it to apply for jobs, to pay your bills-and kids need it to do their schoolwork.

Why don't YOU try going a month without it?

I'll give odds you are a republican.....

Doubtful. Even republicans are soft these days.

But you might be on to something - there is still a significant element of the population that understands the difference between "want" and "need".
Broadband is a "want".

It is perfectly possible to apply for jobs, pay your bills, or have your kids do their schoolwork without broadband. Although if you're of the belief that you can't achieve these without broadband, I'm not sure why I would hire you.

aliveinLA
@verizon.net

aliveinLA

Anon

If you think broadband is not a basic requirement now, try working with dial-up for a month and then come back with an answer. While you're at it, be sure to keep track of the number of times you are dumped from a site because of timeouts.
elray
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by aliveinLA :

If you think broadband is not a basic requirement now, try working with dial-up for a month and then come back with an answer. While you're at it, be sure to keep track of the number of times you are dumped from a site because of timeouts.

Been there, done that, it is not a "requirement", nor is dialup.

Water, Food, and shelter from the elements - are necessities for life. Nothing else is.

You are continuing to confuse wants with needs.
qworster
join:2001-11-25
Bryn Mawr, PA

qworster to elray

to elray
My wife applied for a job at CHoP in Philadelphia. The ONLY way to apply there is to do so online. You can not bring your resume to them, nor can you mail or FAX it. You MUST apply online. How is that a want? She NEEDS a job!!!
elray
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by qworster:

My wife applied for a job at CHoP in Philadelphia. The ONLY way to apply there is to do so online. You can not bring your resume to them, nor can you mail or FAX it. You MUST apply online. How is that a want? She NEEDS a job!!!

No, she WANTS a job. Glad to hear it. There are far too many in this country who believe otherwise.

I'm inferring that she's credentialed/licensed for the position - as many hospital jobs so require. Do you think that her potential employer, hearing that she was unable to find a way to submit her application online, because "she didn't have broadband", would want to grant an interview?

There are plenty of avenues to submit an online application without having broadband service. If the CHoP HR office doesn't have a public terminal, the libraries in the surrounding area as well as the CareerLink offices do.