Airwolf
Premium Member
join:2001-10-30
Windsor, ON

1 edit

1 recommendation

Airwolf

Premium Member

[WIN7] Some taskbar icons don't always show up...

...when Windows loads.

Seems like there is always one icon that doesn't show up. It's never a system icon, though.

I don't have very many.

Creative Volume Panel
Microsoft Securiity Essentials
Logitech SetPoint and Keyboard
AMD Vison Control Center

Action Center
Wireless
Volume

The Creative Volume Panel did not load this time, but I had SetPoint and AMD VCC not show up before.

Sometimes they all show up fine. This is random.

I've looked into this and seems you can resolve it by putting a login password, but I don't want that. I'm the only user anyway.

Any ideas?

Razzy12345
@rr.com

Razzy12345

Anon

You made sure the icons are set to show both in Customize Notification Icons?

Airwolf
Premium Member
Windsor, ON

Airwolf

Premium Member

Click for full size

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn to Airwolf

Premium Member

to Airwolf
The only tray icon that does this for myself is HostsMan. Sometimes it's there other times it's not. If it's not present in the taskbar, it's ALWAYS present and running in Task Manager. I either reboot, and 9/10 times it will re-appear, or I can load HostsMan and re-toggle the "show icon in systray" option. It's not a permanent fix though. There have been times also, where after a reboot, and I've noticed that the HostsMan tray icon didn't load, it might pop up in the tray 15-20 minutes later. Even though the process is already fully loaded... some kinda bug with Windows or with the application? My guess would be the application as ALL native system icons always appear.

It's something I've come to live with I guess... but it is annoying as #%&$!

Airwolf
Premium Member
Windsor, ON

Airwolf

Premium Member

I don't normally fiddle with disabling startup items in MSCONFIG, but I poked around and did so on a few things. Seems to have done the trick and as well increased my boot to ready to use time.

Nothing that seemed fishy, just things I didn't think needed to be running right away.