Search similar:

uniqs

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

1 edit

FutureMon

Anybody got a low(er) end treadmill they want to get rid of?

I'm in the market for a treadmill.

Not the manual kind.
Not the kind that costs a freakin million bucks
Something somewhere in the middle.
Something that folds up to save space.

I'm looking to snatch one up for free (or for as little as possible $150<--) from someone who's got one collecting dust. I can pick it up so long as you don't live too far away.

I'm 6'1" so it might be difficult to find one that can match my full stride, but I can live with that.

I'm in Lakewood, CA.

- FM

Waldothe3rd
Premium Member
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand

Waldothe3rd

Premium Member

There's always a few on Craigslist in that price range.
Are you familiar with FreeCycle? It's a mailing list for free stuff that's still working and in need of a good home.
There's sometimes exercise equipment offered that's just gathering dust.
»groups.yahoo.com/group/l ··· ecycle2/
You can always list a wanted item there as well.
Watch out though - this is a high-volume mailing list.

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

FutureMon

I saw a few on Craigslist that I sent emails to, but got no replies back...somebody had listed a high-end $800+ NordicTrack one for $100...musta gone real quick cause I checked in the morning for that days listings and still never heard from them...

I'd rather deal with people here on the board, honestly. It feels "safer"

- FM

ohdan
join:2008-11-10
Adelanto, CA

ohdan to FutureMon

to FutureMon
I sold mine on Craig's List. The young lady came and picked it up. BTW I'm 6'2" and this was a regular sized treadmill; I had no issues with my stride and I have a long one (that's what she said.) I only walked, though ... trauma induced arthritis in my knee prevents me from running. I did lose 50-60 lbs. That was a couple of years ago. I need it again but my knee is worse. Damn Krispy Kreme! It's like crack.

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

FutureMon

I saw a brand new "off brand" one on a website for something like $239; but all of the reviews said if you were over 6 feet tall it would feel really tiny to you; and that you wouldn't be able to run full-stride. I guess it had a 4' length or something like that.

- FM
FutureMon

FutureMon to ohdan

to ohdan
Checked craigslist again today around 4:30pm. Saw one that had been posted for $50, and it was located in Brea. I just happened to be at work, in Brea, so I sent an email asking if they still had it.

Went to go look at it at 5:30 and brought it home with me.

It's a Sportcraft TX5.0Rc. And it works quite nicely; the motor is quiet, but the plastic squeaks a bit with each step.

I did a 1/4 mile at approx. 3.6mph in about 5 minutes.

I guess when they were new, they were going for around $300

- FM

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

you don't want to just walk around brea?

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

FutureMon

Heck no! I'm too lazy for that anyway. It's much better that I have the thing right in my living room so there's no excuse while I'm sitting there watching tv.

Besides, in order to lose on the magnitude I'm looking for, I'll need to run at least 8 miles per hour (which is damn fast!), for an hour, for at least 12 days.

Since I just started I don't want to over-do it, so I'm figuring 4 miles per hour, for an hour, with occasional minute long boosts to 6 mph, then after 12 days boost to 8mph, for a total of 24 days. I should have lost around 12 lbs by then. My goal is to lose 20 lbs (leaving me at 180)

- FM

racer9876
Defender Of The Universe
Premium Member
join:2000-07-03
Lancaster, CA
·Frontier FiberOp..
(Software) pfSense
eero Pro 6

racer9876 to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
If the entire goal is to loose weight then your biggest factor will be your diet. If you really want to loose weight, decrease calorie intake while increasing calorie burn. Now, when you are decreasing calorie intake; do not do a drastic change. Do it slowly over a period of time so your body can adjust to its new fuel level. It will adjust appropriately to maintain your current energy and power needs. If you want to keep the weight off, you need to think of this as a life style change. The life style change will get you used to your new diet and you will be much more likely to keep the weight off. The instant you go back to your old habits, the weight is going to be tacked right back on. You will settle around to your old weight give or take a few pounds. If you REALLY want to loose weight fast and easy, quit the booze. (But where the hell is the fun in that!)

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

FutureMon

My metabolism has always been quite fast; I've always been able to eat what I want and never gain weight.

It's just in the last year that I noticed I started putting on the pounds. At first I thought it was because I was unemployed and fairly sedentary; but I've been back to work since July and even with being active again my weight is stuck right around 198.

I've tried hydroxycut; but the caffeine doesn't do anything for me (since I'm a heavy caffeine drinker in the first place). I've now got some B-100 vitamins to boost my metabolism; and with the treadmill I'm hoping to drop the pounds and see if I can keep it there.

I have adjusted my diet a little. Instead of two burgers I'll have one; or I'll forego the extra two tacos on the side. Yesterday I had Indian buffet (two plates full of rice and different kinds of meat).

This morning I weighed in at 194.8 - the lowest I've been since I started weighing myself daily about two months ago.

- FM

Postal8
First pull up, then pull down.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-30
Simi Valley, CA

Postal8 to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
I'm a firm believer that it's not so much about cutting calorie intake as it is about cutting the carbs/sugars.

Low carbohydrate intake + exercise = weight loss...

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

I think his body just realized he is now old.

Waldothe3rd
Premium Member
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand

Waldothe3rd to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
One of my co-workers uses this set-up during the day - he walks on his treadmill for the majority of his 8 hour workday.

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

FutureMon to TheRul

to TheRul
said by TheRul:

I think his body just realized he is now old.

NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

- FM
FutureMon

FutureMon

Just did another 30 minute set.

4 minutes, 3mph
1 minute, 6mph -- decided this was too fast for now...
4 minutes, 3mph
1 minute, 4mph
4 minutes, 3mph
1 minute, 4mph
4 minutes, 3mph
1 minute, 4mph
4 minutes, 3mph
1 minute, 4mph
4 minutes, 3mph
1 minute, 4mph

Total 1.6 miles, 130 calories. I'm gonna stick with this for about a week or two, then maybe move to 4 & 5 from 3 & 4...

- FM