spc
uniqs
stevenros
join:2011-09-13

stevenros to TwighlightLA

to TwighlightLA

Re: [OS X] How to get rid of Slow Mac Lion Slow Mac OS X 10.7

Thanks for reply ,

Ok, now I understand that upgrading RAM is a solution. But, can u please help me to save some dollars.

Mac defragmentation can help me synchronize my large files and thus lower down the read/write time for OS. I think it may be a solution. Whats your opinion ?

TwighlightLA
Premium Member
join:2010-07-03

1 edit

TwighlightLA

Premium Member

said by stevenros:

Ok, now I understand that upgrading RAM is a solution. But, can u please help me to save some dollars.

Mac defragmentation can help me synchronize my large files and thus lower down the read/write time for OS. I think it may be a solution. Whats your opinion ?

The truth is I don't feel sufficiently sophisticated regarding the intricacies of the Mac to give you an informed opinion on your question. After using for 15 years I switched from using PCs and Window about one year ago. So in that year I've been learning the Mac as I use it without any documented help or books. Perhaps others can give you a specific answer.

I would speculate, and its only speculation that RAM is the ticket and that other fixes like what you ask about is like saying you don't have enough HP (RAM) but rather than add more HP (RAM) instead you are just going to get a tune up and maybe run a better grade of gasoline. It will help but if my analogy is correct than its still woefully short of the major problem and only true long term solution--more RAM.