Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to CptGemini

MVM

to CptGemini

Re: [Credit Card Fraud] Charges from "WWW.DELLMONT.COM/A LU

There was no phone number associated with the charge, according to my bank.

The odd thing is, yesterday I saw a bill back (refund) on my statement, but it's NOT for the same amount.

Here's the original charge and transaction fee:

09/19/11 INTERNATIONAL PURCHASE TRANSACTION FEE $0.44
09/19/11 CHECK CRD PURCHASE 09/18 WWW.DELLMONT.COM/A LUXEMBOURG LU $14.67

And then yesterday this transaction showed up from the 19th:

09/20/11 CHECK CRD PUR RTRN 09/19 WWW.DELLMONT.COM/A LUXEMBOURG $14.43

I don't think this was my bank acting on my dispute claim, since the amount they told me I would be credited would be the total of the charge AND transaction fee. So it's like the people that stole from me refunded it, but perhaps the refunded amount was based on the current USD/Euro conversion rate which was slightly lower than when the original charge happened?

Should I call my bank? Does them being able to refund the money to my account mean my card was NOT cancelled properly? I would have expected them not to do anything, even refund money, but perhaps the card cancellation only works for charges?

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis

Mod

said by pflog:

Should I call my bank?

Did you get ALL your money back? personally I'd do it just for the principle of it since the banks job is to help protect you.

Better to learn they are incompentant over $.50 than $50 in my opinion.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

No, still $0.68 short. I don't think it was my bank that got this refund. It looks like it was charged back from the origin. I guess it's possible they were able to somehow get ahold of this dellmont "company" and ask them to refund it. I'm guessing they returned the amount in euros and the exchange rate is the reason for the $14.67 vs. $14.33 difference. So at this point, my bank is responsible for $0.68 I guess