wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1
reply to jice65

Re: 2701HG-B Can't turn on Port Forwarding

Are you selecting a device first

After you select "Allow individual application(s)", are you selecting a preconfigured application or creating a new application

jice65

join:2003-10-08
San Francisco, CA

Thanks for the reply.

I attempted both and both failed. I believe that I hit a but, but have now got it working.

By default, the firewall port forwarding page showed a computer that I no longer have in my lan. It also showed no ports forward. It didn't allow me to add any ports, but didn't say why.

I selected a different computer in my lan and attemped to add application port forwarded. It then complained that these were already forwarded to my now non-existent computer. I still saw nothing forwarded by clicked remove and that old computer. I now saw a screen with those ports indicated as forwarded. I removed those. Now, I was able to select the new computer and to add those ports for forwarding.

I think that there may be a subtle bug when attempted to forward ports to a device that doesn't exist.

I'm now good. Thanks for your help. I saw other replies that indicated this should work, so kept at it.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

With the 2wire you should always select a computer/device first before selecting a application if you are creating a new application you'll select a computer/device after creating a new application

You can force the 2wire to clear the select a computer drop box but the 2wire will need time to rediscover the devices connected to it