Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

NoScript for Internet Explorer

How can I have the same protection as NoScript on Firefox with Internet Explorer when I have to use it during a rare case ?

amungus
Premium
join:2004-11-26
America

Disable scripting entirely. Not sure there's another way, or another add on that's anywhere close...

Premium
Kenner, LA

said by amungus:

Disable scripting entirely. Not sure there's another way, or another add on that's anywhere close...

Thanks. No don't think so either.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
reply to 90115534

There are JavaScripts, that re-size browser window and push pop-ups on you and there are ones, that show you menu, make focus to enter data in some field and do other useful stuff. My solution to the problem with those annoying scripts is to use a general script filter, that removes tracking, ad pushing functions from every page I visit. Personally I use Proxomitron as such proxy filter. And BTW, it works the same way with any browser I need to use (IE, FF, Iron or any others). I think that the concept of having a separated from the browser filter (using a small proxy program, running locally) is very successful. You have control not only over the JavaScript and web bugs (removing all that nasty stuff seamlessly), but you can change how your browser behaves, communicating with web servers. It offers you control over privacy issues (by changing headers, cookies and other new tracking features, that contemporary browsers silently employ now). So, I think a proxy filter is better than any NoScript addons, offering only limited control over just one aspect - JavaScript.
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

Premium
Kenner, LA

said by OZO:

There are JavaScripts, that re-size browser window and push pop-ups on you and there are ones, that show you menu, make focus to enter data in some field and do other useful stuff. My solution to the problem with those annoying scripts is to use a general script filter, that removes tracking, ad pushing functions from every page I visit. Personally I use Proxomitron as such proxy filter. And BTW, it works the same way with any browser I need to use (IE, FF, Iron or any others). I think that the concept of having a separated from the browser filter (using a small proxy program, running locally) is very successful. You have control not only over the JavaScript and web bugs (removing all that nasty stuff seamlessly), but you can change how your browser behaves, communicating with web servers. It offers you control over privacy issues (by changing headers, cookies and other new tracking features, that contemporary browsers silently employ now). So, I think a proxy filter is better than any NoScript addons, offering only limited control over just one aspect - JavaScript.

I have Ad Muncher that is like Proxomitron but not exactly. Though you can control any part of a website be it javascript or anything. I read it blocks scripts too like NoScript AdMuncher.
--
9/3/11 Looks like I am right they know that I know and keep getting scared. Time for Test 2. Every time it happens too they give me more power! Thanks. These experiments are quite fun and interesting. Rooting them out is a lot easier than I thought.