how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Pack Fan

@ups.com
reply to matcarl

Re: [HD] FCC Rules on Verizon Access to MSG HD

Stupid question, is this just a NYC channel or for all of Fios?

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Pack Fan :

Stupid question, is this just a NYC channel or for all of Fios?

Per the Verizon post: "So if you’re in the New York area, don’t miss all your favorite teams in HD."
See »forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at···p/379481.

joe01880

join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA
guess that means no new channel for us..us meaning New England

robjlevin

join:2002-10-30
Millington, NJ
reply to Pack Fan
It's for all of NY State as far as I know. The Sabres should be included in this.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to bohratom
said by bohratom:

said by nlk10010:

There should be only one remaining.

We have MSGHD and MSG+HD, the two overflows are MSG2 and MSGPlus2. It is confusing as you would think that MSG+ would be the overflow.

MSG+ is what resulted when Fox Sports Net NY got rebranded about 5 years ago.

KCrimson
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to robjlevin
said by robjlevin:

You'll find out soon enough. The Knicks, Rangers, Devils and Islanders are all on Saturday night.

The Knicks are on MSG and Devils on MSG+.

After that - Tuesday nite - all 3 hockey teams will be in action, with the Islanders scheduled to start at 8:30, and the program guide at this point indicates that Islander fans (there ARE some, right? ) won't be getting an HD channel.

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
said by KCrimson:

said by robjlevin:

You'll find out soon enough. The Knicks, Rangers, Devils and Islanders are all on Saturday night.

After that - Tuesday nite - all 3 hockey teams will be in action, with the Islanders scheduled to start at 8:30, and the program guide at this point doesn't indicate that Islander fans (there ARE some, right? ) won't be getting an HD channel.

I believe if the games start at the same time, the Knicks and Rangers usually get priority on MSG and MSG+.

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ
said by just lou:

said by KCrimson:

said by robjlevin:

After that - Tuesday nite - all 3 hockey teams will be in action, with the Islanders scheduled to start at 8:30, and the program guide at this point doesn't indicate that Islander fans (there ARE some, right? ) won't be getting an HD channel.

I believe if the games start at the same time, the Knicks and Rangers usually get priority on MSG and MSG+.

Knicks and Rangers always get priority, especially the Knicks

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
reply to KCrimson

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
Quite afew Ranger games wont be in HD...

just lou

Staten Island, NY
said by bohratom:

Yeah. Not too bad though. The Knicks definitely have priority on MSG. All their games are on the main channel. Hopefully we get all the channels in the near future.

robjlevin

Millington, NJ
reply to just lou
There's really no rhyme or reason to who goes where for hockey. The Knicks are always on MSG.

nysports4evr
Premium
join:2010-01-23
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to icemannyr1
said by icemannyr1:

Both channels are indicating a bit rate of 17.5 Mbps.

No wonder MSG has some of the best HD as far as hockey I've ever seen.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to bohratom
said by bohratom:

Looks like that for all 3 teams, but I believe the Islanders fans got it worse. Looks like they have a lot more games on MSG+2 from the looks of it.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

andyboy

join:2011-11-28
New Rochelle, NY
reply to brownk
Do you think that the Ranger announcers will say "We want to welcome all of our viewers on the FiOS network"? NOT. Employed by the Dolans.

nickyboy4

join:2008-07-24
Farmingdale, NY
reply to brownk
Why is everyone so sure we wont get the overflow channels? Give it a few days as I have seen nothing from Verizon saying we wont.

benneyb

join:2004-07-07
Fair Haven, NJ
reply to andyboy
FINALLY!! Yes!! After almost 3 years as a FIOS customer, we have MSG HD. This just became my best Xmas present!

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to brownk
Loving this HD!!

skohly

join:2009-08-19
said by Jackarino:

Loving this HD!!

YUP!!

just lou

Staten Island, NY
reply to nickyboy4
said by nickyboy4:

Why is everyone so sure we wont get the overflow channels? Give it a few days as I have seen nothing from Verizon saying we wont.

Verizon commented on their press release stating we should have them sometime in 2012.

robjlevin

Millington, NJ
reply to nickyboy4
said by nickyboy4:

The announcement that's been linked to about 7 times has comments in it from the writer. They expect to add the overflows next year.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
reply to brownk
Interesting, the islanders and Rangers game are showing on MSG and MSG + HD in Buffalo, these games should be blacked out. But they are not on FIOS but are on Time Warner.

Hob

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to brownk
An odd thing I noticed tonight. The commercials on MSG HD are different than MSG SD. HD was showing a commercial for the NY lottery while the SD channel had a commercial for the world wildlife federation.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to brownk
somebody mentioned earlier about 17.5 bit rate on MSG HD...how do you measure this?...do you need to record to your computer and use a special program to determine bit rate?...or can you view this info within your A/V receiver or some other means?

is there a website someplace which gives you average bit rate for all FiOS HD channels?

gregg62

join:2008-02-09
Stirling, NJ
reply to brownk
Finally!!! What a pleasure to watch the Rangers in HD tonight. Funny thing is, I have a friend who has CV and says MSG HD looks lousy. It looks excellent on VZ, must be just CV.

just lou

Staten Island, NY
MSG HD never looked this good on TWC on S.I. On TWC, there was always macroblocking. I'm so happy, even the Rangers bad play is being overlooked tonight.

Dliv

join:2010-03-29
Lutherville Timonium, MD

2 recommendations

Congrats on MSG HD ...Shame the Rangers and Islanders both lost.
GO Flyers - 7 in a row!!!

Billy SI

join:2010-07-29
Staten Island, NY
reply to just lou
The HD Channels on Tw Cable is fine and was fixed along time ago . I had the same problem as you , but signing up in Sept 2010 , I had no issue with the TWC HD. Only thing I had and had too with VZ was ESPN, which was their own thing and was fixed in March 2011 when they went to MPEG 4 Format after all along they said they had no issue, but I guess something was found somewhere along the line.

just lou

Staten Island, NY
I've seen TWC's HD and MSG HD as late as October, 2011. That was right before my final neighbor/friend gave up TWC for FiOS. While not as bad as when I had TWC, it still is not nearly as good as FiOS. It just isn't.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
reply to TitusTroy
I got the bit rate by recording the channel via firewire on a mac.
Even though the channel is locked and you can't play back the file it still gives you the current bit rate while recording.