matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to robjlevin

Premium Member

to robjlevin

Re: [HD] FCC Rules on Verizon Access to MSG HD

Thanks Rob. So taking that into account and the fact you said it won't be anywhere near 100,000 subs, then it might end up a wash with the money involved, but CV would still lose on PPV and On Demand from subs and just by going down in numbers with subs wouldn't look good, they don't want that even if the money ends up being the same.
nightrider76
join:2011-12-16
Merrick, NY

nightrider76 to brownk

to brownk
I ordered The Fios TV Extreme package, according to the channel lineup on the Fios website it looks like MSG 2 isnt available in SD format, need to get the ultimate package..Is this true? Doesn't make sense since every other MSG channel is available.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

They all are in Extreme, don't worry.
nightrider76
join:2011-12-16
Merrick, NY

nightrider76

Thanks!
Clearpix
join:2008-01-17
Wilmington, DE

Clearpix to brownk

to brownk
Someone from Cablevision was scared. In fact it was the COO. He resigned Thursday when the VZ court decision was final.

»online.wsj.com/article/S ··· 540.html
robjlevin
join:2002-10-30
Medford, NJ

robjlevin to matcarl

to matcarl
In the end it might cost them some subs, but don't forget, VZ isn't exactly winning any popularity contests with their billing issues and missed appointments. People do switch from FiOS to competitors.

As I said earlier, inertia rules. How many people do you think buy these services for anything other than price? The percentage is miniscule.

I had a Comcast guy knock on my door a couple of weeks ago trying to sign me up. When I explained that I had FiOS phone and internet and DirecTV for TV he asked what I was paying. Told him price wasn't the issue. I wanted what I wanted and that included fast uploads and lots of HD hockey. Comcast offers neither.

He respected what I had to say but told me that I was in a very small group that didn't care about cost and that dollars was the first question he gets from almost everyone.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

You are correct, most people switch just to save a buck. Everyone on this board is in the minority.

JCapra
@verizon.net

JCapra to robjlevin

Anon

to robjlevin
In the case against TWC, Verizon having MSGHD probably helps CV as subscribers with a choice between TWC and FIOS now have an alternative for MSG HD. So while I'm sure CV didn't love losing the fight against verizon, i think it helps their negotiations with TWC.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

anyone know what QAM these channel were put on?

Pepsiman
join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY

Pepsiman to brownk

to brownk
I just got home from work to find a new message on my fios TV, which states great News, MSG HD and MSG Plus HD Networks are now included with select packages on channels 578 and 580, so now I am watching MSG, I guess cablevision let VZ Fios have it.

JCapra
@verizon.net

JCapra to brownk

Anon

to brownk
Anyone get the new channels to show up on their cable card setup yet?
nysports4evr
Premium Member
join:2010-01-23

nysports4evr

Premium Member

Click for full size
After holding out for all this time, they're now ADVERTISING people to switch to FiOS in their attack ads on Time Warner.
skohly
join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

skohly

said by nysports4evr:

After holding out for all this time, they're now ADVERTISING people to switch to FiOS in their attack ads on Time Warner.

Yup, saw that. It's even crazier on their website. They tell you to punch in your area code and it tells you who carries it. They only show FIOS and Directv . I then punched in my area code which is serviced by Cablevision. They didn't even show themselves. Amazingly stupid
nysports4evr
Premium Member
join:2010-01-23

nysports4evr

Premium Member

Yeah, I Just checked that too. Area serviced by Cablevision and they don't even mention themselves, just DTV and FiOS. »keepmsg.com
rlindner
join:2004-10-10
Tonawanda, NY

1 edit

rlindner to brownk

to brownk
If you have a CableCard equipped TV, you may need to just re-scan for the channels.

However, if you have a Cablecard and Windows Media Center, you may have to wait a bit longer. Microsoft and Windows Media Center use Zap2it for the guide that you view in Windows Media Center. For your Windows Media Center to know that the channel exists, Zap2it needs to add the channel to their lineup.

I did send Zap2it an email thru their website, and they replied that they would be forwarding the information on to their programming department.

EDIT: I just checked the Zap2it website, and they did add MSG HD and MSG+ HD, however they added the incorrect channels for my area (I live in Buffalo and we are supposed to be getting MSG HD zone 3 channels). Until they fix it, the guide information in Windows Media Center for MSG HD and MSG+ HD (at least for my area) will be incorrect.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to nysports4evr

Premium Member

to nysports4evr
MSG is available from the following TV providers in your area:

DIRECTV 1-888-777-2454
Verizon FiOS 1-800-837-4966

Yeah...and Comcast, you idiots!
Billy SI
join:2010-07-29
Staten Island, NY

Billy SI

There not going to advertise Cablevision because where Cablevision has service in the Bronx and some parts of Brooklyn, you can't get TW Cable I don't think .
robjlevin
Medford, NJ

robjlevin to nysports4evr

to nysports4evr
Just plugged mine in. I'm in Comcast territory and all I got was FiOS and DirecTV

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to Billy SI

Premium Member

to Billy SI
I was referring to Comcast.
skohly
join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

skohly to Billy SI

to Billy SI
said by Billy SI:

There not going to advertise Cablevision because where Cablevision has service in the Bronx and some parts of Brooklyn, you can't get TW Cable I don't think .

I would not expect VZ to exploit this with advertising. This truly is a double edged sword. Remember when the FCC ordered CV to negotiate with Verizon and comparible charges and not to set the price so high to keep it off the air? Well u gotta figure if TW caves then VZ's price goes up as well.
Expand your moderator at work

pearcej
@verizon.net

pearcej to icemannyr1

Anon

to icemannyr1

Re: [HD] FCC Rules on Verizon Access to MSG HD

Has anyone been able to find out just when Fios will be getting the HD feeds for MSG2 and MSG Plus2? I looked for an e-mail address for Heather Wilner who is the Media Relations person who wrote the "Game On!" article last week on Verizon News announcing the additions of MSG HD and MSG Plus HD to ask her directly but couldn't find one. Someone mentioned "sometime next year" but I was trying to get that narrowed down a bit. Fios has obviously kept the channel slots 579 and 581 open for them but I don't know why they weren't made available along with the others.
tikk
join:2011-11-22

tikk to nysports4evr

to nysports4evr
said by nysports4evr:

I'm not in the industry unlike many posters here, from what I can tell, but I wonder if it could be the case that whatever deal Verizon struck with CV as a result of the FCC litigation was simply a better deal than CV's existing deal with TW. So CV is now making the best of a bad situation by leveraging its new vendor/competitor (Verizon) against its older vendor/competitor (TW). I'm speculating, of course, because I don't know what the deals are, but the timing of CV's assault on TW (even Sam Rosen was reading on-air announcements last night) seems to suggest the possibility.
robjlevin
Medford, NJ

robjlevin

CVC and TWC are not competitors. There is no area I know of that has both services available.

Pennplaza
@sunwave.com.br

Pennplaza to Steely

Anon

to Steely
said by Steely:

MSG is available from the following TV providers in your area:

DIRECTV 1-888-777-2454
Verizon FiOS 1-800-837-4966

Yeah...and Comcast, you idiots!

Yes we know msg is on comcast so we aren't idiots. But comcast doesn't compete with time Warner.

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

So, anonymous unregistered one, why is your interactive automated widget informing me, in an area where neither TW nor CV is an option, that MSG is available on DirectTV and FiOS but not Comcast?

I understand the whole TW thing, but if you're going to bother creating a widget that directs you to plug in a ZIP to find out from which providers MSG is available, it really ought to spit out the correct answer, not just a partially correct one. Anyway, it's really not important and I really don't care. Let's move on.

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar to brownk

to brownk
Boy watching Hockey in HD on MSG over the weekend was Awesome!!!

Thank you Verizon!

darasdad
@verizon.net

darasdad to pearcej

Anon

to pearcej
if you look at a copy of the press release her phone number is listed at the bottom.

bobc21121
join:2004-01-04
Middletown, NJ

bobc21121 to nascar

to nascar
said by nascar:

Boy watching Hockey in HD on MSG over the weekend was Awesome!!!

Thank you Verizon!

Amen to that!