Search similar:

uniqs

FastEddie

join:2000-12-29
Channel Z

FastEddie to whfsdude

to whfsdude

Re: How to prevent this...

I've been getting them and thought my computer was infected. Did an hour and a half scan that showed it wasn't.

So I was rebooting my modem and getting rid of it. I've got a Covad install. If this keeps up I'll switch to their servers.

Click To Enlarge

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj to dm

Mod

to dm

Re: [General] Earthlink DNS server pointing www.google.com to un

Front page article: »Earthlink Joins ISPs Snooping User Search Traffic [37] comments

dm
@rr.com

dm to dm

Anon

to dm
Once I saw what was going on I switched from Earthlink that was provided by timewarner to use roadrunner and everything is fine.

This is the output from the single Earthlink server:

;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER+02»www.thawte.com/repositor ··· y$R8yc|# Mm$hC[*Xb-(GP4'P)%663Rp1B1XA_'0#000 *H0_10 UUS10U
VeriSign, Inc.1705U.Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority0040513000000Z140512235959Z0L10 UZA1%0#U
Thawte Consulting (Pty) Ltd.10UThawte SGC CA00 *H0g1}?qdc2Ko/3 3#t+q/ cH-26
{dJ;up}b!i61ul|u,zhX`00U00U0 `HB0(U!0010UPrivateLabel3-1501U*0(0&$" »crl.veri

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode

News Guy

Seeing one claim that Earthlink stopped doing this after our report yesterday.

»pastebin.com/7UZUfk91

Can any other Earthlink users confirm this is no longer happening to you?

ALL
@mindspring.com

ALL

Anon

I ran a Netalyzr scan three days ago. Just ran another one now. Here's what's changed:

Earthlink is no longer using DNS to redirect specific sites.

Earthlink is still returning IP addresses for nonexistent domain names, as they have been for some time now.

So yes, earthlink seems to have changed its behavior. (Or perhaps Time Warner?) In any case, though, thanks for the muckraking.
nweaver
join:2010-01-13
Napa, CA

nweaver

Good to hear it. I just did some DNS lookups to ns1.mindspring.com and ns2.mindspring.com. They have disabled the search MITM feature, at least from my vantage point, so my results agree with yours.
yomark
join:2011-09-28
Canoga Park, CA

yomark to dm

to dm
I'm an Earthlink dial-up customer in Canoga Park (suburb of Los Angleles), and though I'd experienced the captcha problem the prior two days, it seems it's stopped now.