share rss forum feed view:
watch
This is a sub-selection from [Networking] Online Gaming on HughesNet

Doc Lithius

join:2009-08-19
Rock, MI
reply to Doc Lithius

Re: [Networking] Online Gaming on HughesNet

- Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall (Mostly Playable, Uses Mass Bandwidth) -- I can't explain why this game uses anywhere near as much bandwidth as it does, but in a half-hour time frame, I went from 460-some MB available to 225 MB. And this was just in the tutorial area! Otherwise, it seems to play alright enough. You can interact with people, enemies, NPCs... You take a lot of damage when you shouldn't, though, since the game views where you are on their end instead of where you are on your end. I highly suggest waiting until the free period to play this.

- Facebook - Farmville (Fully Playable, Uses a Lot of Bandwidth) -- Another game I can't explain the bandwidth usage for. Otherwise, perfectly playable.

- Rusty Hearts (Fully Playable) -- I haven't run across any problems playing solo yet, but I haven't tested being in a party. Chances are, it may work similar to how Vindictus does, but don't quote me on that.
--
ISP: HughesNet Satellite Internet
Modem Model: HN9000
Service Plan: Grandfathered ProPlus -- 425MB + 100MB/day, 1.6 Mbps DL; 250 Kbps UL)