Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to jchambers28

Premium Member

to jchambers28

Re: [OC] AMD Bulldozer overclocking preview.

Would rather see benchmarks, not more GHz Myth perpetuation.

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO
·Comcast XFINITY

jchambers28

Premium Member

I don't think think were going to see that until it get released. I have a dumb question. Why dies AMD keep sitting around with their thumb up their ass and keep pushing it back I know why they pushed it back the first time. It was a issue with stepping I just want to get it here already like most people.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I think they are having trouble getting Bulldozer out the door operating at the specs they want it to.

That seems to be one of the few logical reasons why they aren't inviting the press to review the performance of the chips--they can't even get the chips to perform well themselves, and the last thing they want is Bulldozer to perform below Intel's LGA1155 line.

I think Intel is posed to win this round, again, as the LGA2011 release date has been bumped UP at least once already, and it seems that its launch will go smoother than Bulldozer's.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

That's one think I don't like about Intel. They change sockets like I change socks. I don't understand how a 4 core CPU beats a 6 core CPU at malty threaded tasks.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Two separate topics:
said by jchambers28:

That's one think I don't like about Intel. They change sockets like I change socks.

No one does, except Intel and Mobo manufacturers. My i7-920 will hold me over until the next "tick" comes around (the successor to LGA1155). At least.
said by jchambers28:

I don't understand how a 4 core CPU beats a 6 core CPU at malty threaded tasks.

I am not an engineer and can't offer a technical explanation, but I would hypothesize that Intel has better manufacturing and coding and spends more money optimizing its chips. I would love to see AMD give them a run for their money, but it's just not happening.

Remember Bulldozer was originally slated for a Q2 2011 launch, which makes me think it was originally designed to compete against LGA1155. I don't know if they can even do that now, and will get absolutely crushed in the pricing scheme as LGA2011 drops.

Not to mention that AMD is just getting a 32nm chip out the door now, and Ivy Bridge (Intel's tri-gate, 22nm die shrink) is slated for spring of next year--rumors notwithstanding. The longer AMD delays Bulldozer, the more irrelevant the company becomes. When can consumers hope for a 22nm AMD chip, and will it be properly executed?

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

If I were AMD I would skip 32 NM and be focused on a 22 NM part.
jchambers28

jchambers28 to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Click for full size
I did a compairson be tween a i5 2400 and a 2500k and my cpu lost by no verry much.
Chrno
join:2003-12-11

Chrno

You have to factor in the 2400 and 2500K in those graphs represent their stock level performance while your 1055T is overclocked. The results for the 2500K will be much different at 4.5GHz as you can reach this clock speed with 99% of the 2500K chips out there without any problems.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO
·Comcast XFINITY

jchambers28

Premium Member

Click for full size
These are all over clocked to about the same speed as my cpu.
Chrno
join:2003-12-11

Chrno

Pretty sure the 2500K is stock. The 2500K has a turbo frequency of 3.7GHz

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO
·Comcast XFINITY

jchambers28

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
May a digress a little if I may.

This person is running a 6850. How does a 6850 crush a 5770 cross fire setup.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by jchambers28:

May a digress a little if I may.

This person is running a 6850. How does a 6850 crush a 5770 cross fire setup.

"We told you so" that it's a dumb idea to Crossfire two low end video cards. 5770s are so weak that a single 6850 blows them away? That's awesome.

Hopefully you will stick to single card solutions from now on.