spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SnoT8282

join:2004-05-21
Lakemore, OH

Can I schedule my service to be cancelled?

So I'm switching ISP's , my new service will be installed on friday. Can I call now and set the DSL service to be stopped on say the day after my new install?

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
DSL shares the phone line and there can only be one provider on the line at a time so you may find your new order returned with unable to complete due to existing service blocking provisioning.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

SnoT8282

Lakemore, OH
reply to SnoT8282
i'm switching to a cable service. Which I'm also dropping my home phone.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
Your post wasn't clear on details. Yes, you can schedule it for any time/date, but they do not pro-rate the service.

»EarthLink DSL FAQ »Why isn't my DSL service pro-rated when cancelling ?
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

SnoT8282

Lakemore, OH
reply to SnoT8282
Cool and thanks sorry about being confusing.

dbldbl

join:2006-01-23
San Francisco, CA
reply to SnoT8282
I've cancelled this past Friday; tried the live chat feature, but referred to call-in to 800Earthlink. I did research here for the keep-2-email-address pricing before cancelling; I'm a glutton for punishment (paying for email?!?), but 2 of the ELink addys are Apple IDs. They no longer offer the pre-pay 28.xx rate for two, as it's now bumped to 39.xx, short of $40 for a year. I accepted the new pricing, got a confirmation number for cancellation, and will monitor the credit card for any funny ELink transactions.

Since I paid up to my biling date of 12/20, they mentioned I've got service to use until then; however I cancelled the main email address that was associated with the DSL (I saved the 2 sub-account addys). Of course you know what that means; modem couldn't authenticate. Wamp wamp...

Thanks Dr Olds and ELink forum members. Moved on to a double play with Comcast as well as a hotspot with T-Mobile. ELink since 1999, started with dial-up.