spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anon800

@rr.com

Are Incoming "Hunt Groups" supported by voip.ms?

voip.ms looks fantastic, but I don't see anything about it handling multiple channels for multiple incoming phone calls. For example, directing simultaneous incoming calls to one phone number and spreading those calls over multiple channels (lines), just as happens with a traditional ILEC T1 PRI connected to a traditional PBX.

Some people refer to this functionality as call hunting or rollover.

Is this part and parcel of what voip.ms provides?

I'm looking at potentially moving about 96 phone lines from a traditional PBX to SIP.

Is voip.ms truly structured, refined and reliably stable to be relied on by business enterprises?

Thanks for your experienced comments.

ArgMeMatey

join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·AT&T Midwest
·Time Warner Cable
said by anon800 :

Some people refer to this functionality as call hunting or rollover.

Is this part and parcel of what voip.ms provides?

Closest I can think of is Ring Groups. The process works like this:
1. Create a ring group.
2. Add to the ring group the SIP devices that should ring when a call comes in to the group.
3. Set routing of your DID to the ring group you created.
4. When the DID receives a call, all devices will ring. The first one to pick up gets the call.

They also offer queues, which are more like ACDs. I haven't had the need to set up queues.

I'd recommend you create a pay-as-you-go account and test these features. Pretty minimal investment for you to be sure they've got what you want.

I am a customer but have no other relationship to the company (i.e. I gain nothing if you sign up, lose nothing if you don't.)
--
USNG:
16TDN2870
Find your USNG coordinates:
USNGWeb

crunchy

join:2009-04-21
Harrisburg, PA
reply to anon800
"Line Hunting" is listed as an item in the In Development or Testing category of their Feature Requests & Suggestions page.

A_VoIPer

join:2009-11-04
FYI, this post by MartinM See Profile shows and example of what they are developing: »Re: When will voip.ms add the '1' option to simultaneous ring?