BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to FTBoomer

Re: [Internet] Best Routers for Bridged Networks

FTB the update is working fine. I've been using it since release and no complaints at all. Remember firmware updates won't change your settings so worst case you just roll back the firmware. Unlike Dlink Asus does not block rollbacks

swamibob

join:2011-07-25
Auburndale, FL
ispgeek,
So have you had any problems with the new firmware for our Asus RT-N56U? Anything new? Just noticed that you posted there was an update.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by swamibob:

ispgeek,
So have you had any problems with the new firmware for our Asus RT-N56U? Anything new? Just noticed that you posted there was an update.

No sir so far the new firmware has been perfect. So if there are any issues nothing glares out at me at least so far...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

swamibob

join:2011-07-25
Auburndale, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
ISP,
So you are saying if I update the firmware, it is going to remember all of my current settings and I won't have to reconfigure my manually assigned ip's or password?
Swami

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Yessir that would be correct. Just in case because things do happen backup your settings in the admin tool.