Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to state

Premium Member

to state

Re: Facebook Cookie Tracks Users Even When They are Logged Out

And you believe that crap? That is total BS. Of course, Facebook tracks with cookies. Facebook is the most evil site on the net.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

1 recommendation

dave

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

Facebook is the most evil site on the net.

More evil than, say, websites that exist to recruit people to the terrorist cause?

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

state to Mele20

Mod

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

And you believe that crap?

I never said that, but I thought it was an interesting rebuttal. Specifically the "logged out cookies", and to what extent they actually help with the security countermeasures he mentions.

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3

Premium Member

How much of this does Noscript block?
facebook.com^$domain=~facebook.com ~facebook.net|~fbcdn.com|~fbcdn.net
facebook.net^$domain=~facebook.com|~facebook.net|~fbcdn.com|~fbcdn.net
fbcdn.com^$domain=~facebook.com|~facebook.net|~fbcdn.com|~fbcdn.net
fbcdn.net^$domain=~facebook.com|~facebook.net|~fbcdn.com|~fbcdn.net

I rarely use FB, but only see one Facebook and one FBCDN listed in the Noscript menu. I have to allow, then forbid when through.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to Mele20

to Mele20

Yes it sure is!!!!!

People say "they are scared??"

WELL THEN,STOP BEING BRAINWASHED AND GET OFF THAT STUPID SITE!!!!!!!

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20

Re: Facebook Cookie Tracks Users Even When They are Logged Out

said by Mele20:

And you believe that crap? That is total BS. Of course, Facebook tracks with cookies. Facebook is the most evil site on the net.

lawl
Roop
join:2003-11-15
Ottawa, ON

1 recommendation

Roop to dave

to dave
said by dave:

said by Mele20:

Facebook is the most evil site on the net.

More evil than, say, websites that exist to recruit people to the terrorist cause?

i love this "terrorist" thing people keep speaking of.

you know what? i'd rather be blown up than to have naked pictures of myself processed before i can board a plane. i'd rather be blown up than to have my kid go through a metal detector every day at school. i'd rather be blown up tomorrow than to live my entire life as a slave, constantly afraid and being constantly spied on.

i love Mele20's quote too - "When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson".

No one fears the people. It's the people who are afraid.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

1 recommendation

AVD

Premium Member

its OK, you can look at my peepee, please don't blow me up.
dave
Premium Member
not in ohio

1 recommendation

dave to Roop

Premium Member

to Roop
said by Roop:

you know what? i'd rather be blown up than to have naked pictures of myself processed before i can board a plane.

Irrelevant. The matter under discussion was 'the most evil site on the net'. The so-called 'naked pictures' are not a site on the net. Metal detectors in schools are not a site on the net.

So, nice rant, but in my moral order, a web site whose aim is soliciting young men for suicide missions is more evil than a web site guilty of planting a browser cookie.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki

said by dave:

So, nice rant, but in my moral order, a web site whose aim is soliciting young men for suicide missions is more evil than a web site guilty of planting a browser cookie.

I suppose. One wants to kill you. The other wants to subvert you. Though in some moral orders, both want to subvert you, and your habits for exactly the same thing.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20

Premium Member

said by Mashiki:

said by dave:

I suppose. One wants to kill you. The other wants to subvert you. Though in some moral orders, both want to subvert you, and your habits for exactly the same thing.

Are you not just as "dead" if subverted? This is the evil of Facebook. A far greater evil than a website that tries to solicit troubled young men for suicide missions. The evil done by Facebook is more insidious, more "hidden" but far, far more massive in its interim results and totally lethal in what will be its final results if "We, the people" continue to allow it and flock to it like lemmings at the edge of the cliff.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

And you know it's BS how? Do you work for FB? If not, please shut up as you have NO idea what is true or not
dave
Premium Member
not in ohio

1 recommendation

dave to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Are you not just as "dead" if subverted?

Well, we can determine that by experimental methods.

Pick one.

1. You are put to death

2. You accidentally share a photo on Facebook

You must pick one.

After picking 1 or 2, we can determine whether you still respond to various stimuli, and thus figure out whether you're "just as dead" in both cases.

TakeTheFifth
join:2004-04-20
Anjou, QC

TakeTheFifth

How do I get the 72 virgins?

(consider this comic relief).

Phil

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ