join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS
reply to inGearX

Re: an MP3 player advice ...

Rarely can you find an MP3 player with 60+ gigabytes of storage, even nowadays. The first thing that comes to mind to me is an iPod Classic, but that doesn't have dedicated volume buttons, and requires iTunes.

If you ignore capacity for a moment, I would suggest an iRiver E150 ($100), or if capacity is a must Creative ZEN X-Fi2 64gb ($250).

iRiver : »www.amazon.com/iriver-Digital-Me···02X7872G

Creative: »us.store.creative.com/Creative-Z···=froogle

Shootist
Premium
join:2003-02-10
Decatur, GA
kudos:3

said by sk1939:

Rarely can you find an MP3 player with 60+ gigabytes of storage, even nowadays. The first thing that comes to mind to me is an iPod Classic, but that doesn't have dedicated volume buttons, and requires iTunes.

I have the iPod classic and you don't have to use iTunes with it, at least the one I have bought at the end of 2009 (Not sure if the newest ones have a different iPod OS). I've been using WinAmp to access it.
It has 160GBs but no dedicated volume buttons. But the volume is readily accessible by just spinning your finger around the dial. So much so that I am for ever adjusting the volume when what I really want is to look for a different song/album.
--
Shooter Ready--Stand By BEEP ********