uniqs

Skipdawg
The Original

join:2001-04-19
Mount Vernon, WA

Skipdawg to Khaine

to Khaine

Re: Facebook Cookie Tracks Users Even When They are Logged Out

shoot if you have a problem with that 2 easy option delete the cookie or leave Facebook. LOL
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20

Premium Member

said by Skipdawg:

shoot if you have a problem with that 2 easy option delete the cookie or leave Facebook. LOL

No, it is NOT easy. They are addicted and addiction is very difficult to overcome and addicted personalities have to be forever vigilant so they don't become addicted to something else after mastering their current addiction.

Then there are those who are on Facebook only because they don't have the courage to tell friends and family to f**k off about them not being on Facebook (or leaving it) and they are afraid to confront family and friends with their addiction so they take the easy way out which is have a Facebook account and try to make it as limited as possible. You can't do that though. You really should not use the Internet at all for social connections. You will always get screwed if you do that.

There are also those on Facebook because that seems to be the only way to get the attention of many businesses these days. That is REALLY SCARY. I was just told, from Samsung that if I want support from them that I must use Twitter or Facebook as email support goes unnoticed and support at boards also goes unnoticed generally. That is utter crap and the kind of thing that happens when there is mass addiction to something.

Further, how do you know Facebook cookies are not some type of Supercookies that can't be "deleted"?

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

5 recommendations

state

Mod

said by Mele20:

You really should not use the Internet at all for social connections

You mean like posting on a message board?

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3 to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

said by Skipdawg:

No, it is NOT easy. They are addicted and addiction is very difficult to overcome and addicted personalities have to be forever vigilant so they don't become addicted to something else after mastering their current addiction.

Then there are those who are on Facebook only because they don't have the courage to tell friends and family to f**k off about them not being on Facebook (or leaving it) and they are afraid to confront family and friends with their addiction so they take the easy way out which is have a Facebook account and try to make it as limited as possible. You can't do that though. You really should not use the Internet at all for social connections. You will always get screwed if you do that.

There are also those on Facebook because that seems to be the only way to get the attention of many businesses these days. That is REALLY SCARY. I was just told, from Samsung that if I want support from them that I must use Twitter or Facebook as email support goes unnoticed and support at boards also goes unnoticed generally. That is utter crap and the kind of thing that happens when there is mass addiction to something.

Further, how do you know Facebook cookies are not some type of Supercookies that can't be "deleted"?

So someone else finally noticed about businesses. Samsung, Truphone and a couple of others do the same. I have everything set to friends and private. I have 2 former co-workers that I miss.
The rest of my family either isn't interested or not computer literate.
Some had no idea who I was until I posted a pic of my Snowshoe cat.

ashrc4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
australia

ashrc4 to Skipdawg

Premium Member

to Skipdawg
said by Skipdawg:

shoot if you have a problem with that......

Well yes, the biggest problems seems to be able to engage people with all the unanswered questions.
Such as:
Why do people find it acceptable to allow Facebook to engage in tracking users all over the internet?

"With my browser logged out of Facebook, whenever I visit any page with a Facebook like button, or share button, or any other widget, the information, including my account ID, is still being sent to Facebook"
»nikcub-static.appspot.co ··· t-enough

This is personally indentifying you and your facebook profile to build an even more accurate and personal profile.

Has Facebook stated to what extent? Like for what purpose? Do you really think that it's just so they can serve up more targeted adds to users?

Where is all this heading?
An internet that is radiacally changing should not be dictated by corporate entities on this scale.
Login-out should be just that....Not just another excuse to own and shape users with hidden agenders that keep creating new acceptable norms nor lame reply posts that don't address the issues or fundamental questions.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Mele20

MVM

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Addicted to what?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Huh? We are talking about Facebook. They are addicted to Facebook. That should be obvious.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

Huh? We are talking about Facebook. They are addicted to Facebook. That should be obvious.

I concur

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS to Mele20

MVM

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

I expect that they are "addicted" to the "social" aspect of Facebook, not Facebook proper. OTOH, I don't think you are qualified to recognize an addiction.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

It's not obvious as you have no clue wtf you are talking about