Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to robjlevin

Premium Member

to robjlevin

Re: [HD] FCC Rules on Verizon Access to MSG HD

said by robjlevin:

Just out of curiosity, are you still sticking to the NEVER ON FiOS stand or are you wavering a bit on that?

I still think never, I was just suggesting that at the end of the supposed 30 day window CV will flip the FCC the bird and tell them to get bent

The FCC has no enforcement mechanism to bear in this case, its like getting speeding tickets from the local town council, they can fine them from now till forever, without a means to collect, its just headlines

CV is being really smart here ( business wise ), instead of them filing a court action, they will make the FCC take them to court ( more delays ) to attempt to enforce the rulings
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

I can't disagree with you more on this. CV played the same games with their Rainbow stations... and again with MSG SD. In both cases Verizon went to the FCC who forced the issue. No courts were involved. Second, CV DID file a court action on this, alleging that the FCC didn't have the authority to do this (the loophole is a construct of Congress, and without another act of Congress, the argument went, the FCC didn't have the right to close the loophole). The argument was rejected by the court, and by the appeals court. In other words, the FCC has already won this in court. If CV wants to push it further THEY have to petition the supreme court. As far as the FCC is concerned, their position has been vindicated in court. Absent action by the supreme court, this has been settled. If CV doesn't comply they will be in violation of the law. What the fine is... not sure... but I can't imagine they want to get into a pissing contest with the FCC.
robjlevin
join:2002-10-30
Medford, NJ

robjlevin

Cablevision only recognizes the FCC's authority when a programmer withholds programming from them.

ROCKnROLD
@verizon.net

ROCKnROLD to JPL

Anon

to JPL
Thanks JPL. That's the most sound argument in this entire thread. It's basically over for Dolan in this particular fight. He can't take his ball and go home to daddy. Nor can he delay forever. CV will concede or get slapped but good....