Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV

1 recommendation

VegasMan to sempergoofy

Premium Member

to sempergoofy

Re: Pics of our major kitchen/den remodel

Nice transformation form 1970 to 2011. Also probably added 30k to the value of your house.
That small kitchen and all the wood panel would scare off a lot of buyers.

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy

Premium Member

said by VegasMan:

Nice transformation form 1970 to 2011. Also probably added 30k to the value of your house.

I sure hope so! At least we made it look/feel like we wanted. And you are so right about the pine paneling. While it attracted us in 1984 as first time buyers, we were sick of it. (And frankly, still are because guess what? Our master bedroom on the other side of the house used to be the kitchen and the walls and ceiling are the same paneling that was removed/covered in the pictured part of the house. It, too, must go one day as soon as feasible.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

1 recommendation

joako

Premium Member

said by sempergoofy:

said by VegasMan:

I sure hope so! At least we made it look/feel like we wanted. And you are so right about the pine paneling. While it attracted us in 1984 as first time buyers, we were sick of it. (And frankly, still are because guess what? Our master bedroom on the other side of the house used to be the kitchen and the walls and ceiling are the same paneling that was removed/covered in the pictured part of the house. It, too, must go one day as soon as feasible.

Have you thought of paiting it? I painted my paneling white before I felt comfortable putting in the money for remodeling.

Also curious as to what you are using the X10 module for. I wouldn't rely on X10 for anything...

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy

Premium Member

said by joako:

Have you thought of paiting it? I painted my paneling white before I felt comfortable putting in the money for remodeling.

Also curious as to what you are using the X10 module for. I wouldn't rely on X10 for anything...

Yes, for the bedroom paneling painting has been considered. But we know already that the electrical wiring needs to be replaced (no grounded outlets as it is the oldest part of the house), and insufficient insulation is in the walls due to the age. So yanking it out makes more sense for access to correct insulation and electrical.

For the X10 use, see number 6 in my itemized post above.