uniqs

Spork35
join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA

1 recommendation

Spork35 to sempergoofy

to sempergoofy

Re: Pics of our major kitchen/den remodel

Did they happen to secure the dishwasher to the granite? There is 2 brackets to do so on the dishwasher typically and they failed to do that on ours. I ended up buying some brackets and doing it myself.

»www.granitegrabbers.com/

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy

Premium Member

said by Spork35:

Did they happen to secure the dishwasher to the granite? There is 2 brackets to do so on the dishwasher typically and they failed to do that on ours. I ended up buying some brackets and doing it myself.

»www.granitegrabbers.com/

Yes. The granite installers discussed our plans with us, and we already had the dishwasher on site in the garage awaiting install. Some measurements were done, and with help from the contractor, a piece of the cabinet trim molding was secured at the correct position to the granite. When the dishwasher was finally installed screws were driven through the dishwasher's factory brackets into that piece of molding. So far, so good.

I noted on the Bosch dishwasher they also had in the install instructions that you could remove the brackets from on top and relocate them to the side to secure to the cabinet if desired.