whizkid3
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY
kudos:9

1 recommendation

reply to sempergoofy

Re: Pics of our major kitchen/den remodel

Looks awesome in almost every way. Yeah, it was a tough road getting there (as you know), but the end shows it was worth it.

The only thing I am not a fan of at all, is how they did the fireplace (or it was left that way and untouched). The wooden mantle and brass doors, on the brick, looks very kludgy and dated. The design of the space and kitchen - as well as the small part of the long wall it is one - would have lent itself to some more modern techniques. Can't really say; I am not a designer; but IMHO, it doesn't look good.

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

said by whizkid3:

The only thing I am not a fan of at all, is how they did the fireplace (or it was left that way and untouched). The wooden mantle and brass doors, on the brick, looks very kludgy and dated. The design of the space and kitchen - as well as the small part of the long wall it is one - would have lent itself to some more modern techniques. Can't really say; I am not a designer; but IMHO, it doesn't look good.

With the check book smoking from the friction of money flowing out of it, we had to draw the line somewhere. So I did not let them do anything to the fireplace except run drywall up to it in j-channel. I agree the former brass fireplace door is out of place with all of the stainless steel and brushed satin nickle we went with for the doorknobs, fan, appliances, and den light fixture. Once the checkbook recovers a bit, we will redo the fireplace as previously described. Also, now that the natural gas is so close due to the stove, I am thinking maybe gas logs. We have not built a fire in years.
--
nohup rm -fr /&